A few questions…

Brad Smith

Brad Smith
Total Posts:  182
Joined  12-02-2009

13 September 2013 23:14

What is the difference between usarmorials.com and usheraldicregistry.com?  Is usarmorials.com the older site?

How long does it take to get added the usheraldicregistry.com?  I know that he must be swamped, but it’s been a while since I sent in my form.

Finally, how long does it take to get added to the Members Arms section here on AHS?  I’ve applied twice, but not been added…Did I slip through the cracks?

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Total Posts:  2518
Joined  04-06-2007

14 September 2013 00:14

Brad Smith;100613 wrote:

What is the difference between usarmorials.com and usheraldicregistry.com?  Is usarmorials.com the older site?

usarmorials.com is actually the new kid on the block and I’m not sure anyone here knows who is behind it.

Brad Smith;100613 wrote:

How long does it take to get added the usheraldicregistry.com?  I know that he must be swamped, but it’s been a while since I sent in my form.

It has taken some people years, but more recently I think a few weeks. You might try a reminder email. There is a chance in getting the site back up and running that something went amiss in his data. I know it pulled my old blazon from before I changed it some years ago.

Brad Smith;100613 wrote:

Finally, how long does it take to get added to the Members Arms section here on AHS?  I’ve applied twice, but not been added…Did I slip through the cracks?

Not sure who you sent it to, but it didn’t come across my email. Send the illustrations to it@americanheraldry.org. I can confirm you are a member in good standing.

Brad Smith

Brad Smith
Joined  12-02-2009

14 September 2013 19:40

Thank you, sir!  Email on the way.

Snyder

Snyder
Total Posts:  322
Joined  25-11-2007

17 September 2013 23:45

Brad Smith;100613 wrote:

I believe it was Brett Melina who said in one of the Facebook groups that it took about 2 weeks. Mine sat for about 4-5 weeks and then I emailed him and he registered them the following day. A follow up email would probably be the best route to go.

Jeremy Keith Hammond

Jeremy Keith Hammond
Total Posts:  789
Joined  20-06-2008

18 September 2013 11:18

I’ve not had as much luck, but I wouldn’t rush him. It’s a lot of work and probably not that lucrative considering registration itself is free.

As for your own arms, Brad, I will try getting your arms up soon - I’ve been swamped lately and I imagine our other IT oriented folks have been busy as well.

Brad Smith

Brad Smith
Joined  12-02-2009

18 September 2013 15:15

Thanks to all of you for your replies and your efforts on my behalf smile