Arms of Celebrate Heraldry - IHD

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

10 April 2015 20:45

Greetings!  Not Corporate, Not Non-Profit, Not Personal Heraldry.  But.. Organizational Heraldry, perhaps.  If I’ve placed this in the wrong thread - my apologies.

Today the activists working towards the celebration of International Heraldry Day (June 10th yearly) have assumed arms and have registered them with the US Heraldic Registry and Armorial Register - International Register of Arms.

Because the Armorial Register lists arms by the country where they are first registered or granted or the location of the person, the international organizational arms are registered under the United States.  The web page doesn’t allow for an "international" listing.  So, from that point of view the IHD arms are "American."

You can view the USHR Registration at:

http://usheraldicregistry.com/index.php?n=Registrations.20150410A

And the Armorial Registration at:

http://armorial-register.com/arms-us/international-hd-arms.html

We are two months from International Heraldry Day.  Although the AHS does not support the effort as an organization, some individuals here participated in the social networking celebration over the three years since it’s inception.  If you are on social networks, seek out the heraldry pages and join in on June 10th.  If you are a member of a local heraldry organization, you can contact "celebrateheraldry@gmail.com" for further information or newsletter articles to provide your leadership.

Anyone may use the arms, badges and flag of IHD to further promote the event should they choose.

Thanks go to:  Tomasz Steifer (Poland), Alexander Liptak (US), Danilo Martins (Brazil), Ljubodrag Grujic (Serbia), Chas Charles-Dunne (UK), Phil Blanton (US), John Duncan of Sketraw (UK), Martin Goldstraw (UK) and the International Association of Amateur Heralds (International).

And thanks to the moderators of the AHS for allowing me to post this announcement of an International Organization registering arms in the US.

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

10 April 2015 21:38

The arms, and especially the emblazonment, are magnificent!!

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

11 April 2015 01:15

Thanks, Michael.  Danilo Martins is a professional graphic artist in Brazil.  He took an interest in heraldry some months back.. (close to a year)...

He contacted us a few weeks ago and said he’d like to do something for IHD.  We provided the design, discussed it a bit and the result was magnificent.

I’m sure this lion will be "pinched" all over the internet.