Moderators’ notes

kimon

kimon
Total Posts:  1035
Joined  28-03-2008

12 October 2011 17:50

All,

The forums threads are for discussions and not personal messaging.

If you want to message someone, please use the PM functionality.

If you need to request something from a moderator/admin (such as an update to the armorial, change in membership status, etc.), you can email it@americanheraldry.org or send a PM to any of: Kenneth Mansfield or me.

Please let’s all try to keep personal messages off of threads.

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Total Posts:  2518
Joined  04-06-2007

13 October 2011 08:51

Please pay attention to where you are posting.

There have been quite a few non sequitur posts in threads lately.

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Joined  04-06-2007

14 October 2011 09:51

This is a forum about heraldry.

While there will inevitably be some correlation between heraldic customs and the political climate (past and present) of the countries in which those customs are practiced, this is not a forum for discussing general politics or politics that have nothing to do with heraldry and its customs.

If you’d like to discuss politics and are a member of the American Heraldry Society, I invite you to start a thread in the Off-Topic forum. The public forum of the AHS is for the discussion of heraldry only.

As a general note. I have deleted the replies to this thread so as to keep it a communication tool of the moderators. Can we please keep it that way? No offense is intended, but I think it will be easier for all if new posts here are known to be messages from the moderators. I can of course close the thread and reopen it to post, but that just seems silly.

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Joined  04-06-2007

14 October 2011 21:13

If you receive a threat in a private message, please use the exclamation point icon (red button) in the upper right corner of the message box to report it. This will bring the PM to the attention of the forum moderators and the Board of Governors.

Simply relaying threats to moderators or forwarding PMs is insufficient to bring action since either of these methods can be falsified.

Hugh Brady

Hugh Brady
Total Posts:  989
Joined  16-08-2005

14 April 2015 20:31

I moved a thread about moderation to the moderators section of the forum—that’s the place for these kinds of things. If you have any questions, please PM me. Thanks!