US Heraldic Registry

larrysnyder

larrysnyder
Total Posts:  70
Joined  30-09-2009

08 April 2016 13:01

Is the Registry still active. I sent in an application several weeks ago and have heard nothing? Do they acknowledge receipt? Is there any way to contact them?

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

13 April 2016 03:47

I’ve dropped the manager a note via other means.  I know the USHR is active, but do not know their "backlog" or whether they acknowledge receipt.

PBlanton

PBlanton
Total Posts:  808
Joined  06-11-2005

23 April 2016 10:11

Larry,

I have searched through all of the requests for the past month and did not find any from you.  On the other hand, the order form was changed several weeks ago and there was a few days where orders were not processed appropriately by the database and no info was saved.  It sounds like your order was probably one of those that was lost during the transition.  If you would like to be-submit the order, it should process normally now.  You should know that I have a backlog of over 200 orders right now, so it may take a while to get to this one.

-Phil

Daniel C. Boyer

Daniel C. Boyer
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  16-03-2005

23 April 2016 10:48

I also sent in a form with my arms quite a while ago but they haven’t been listed yet. Should I resend or just be more patient? Thank you…

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

23 April 2016 11:38

This is great news!  While facing a 200+ queue is daunting for both Phil and those who want to register, it is gratifying to know there is so much interest!

On a practical level, however, the backlog makes it especially important for those submitting to carefully think through, and proof-read, their submission before send it to Phil.  With such a backlog, it’s neither fair nor realistic to expect him to do all our work for us!

larrysnyder

larrysnyder
Total Posts:  70
Joined  30-09-2009

24 April 2016 02:45

Phil:

Thanks for your reply. I’ll resubmit. I too appreciate your service to the heraldic community and hope you can sustain the effort. Thanks.