Chicago Armorists?

David Boven

David Boven
Total Posts:  1063
Joined  29-04-2004

19 July 2006 09:38

Friends,

Following a discussion in the Members’ Section of the forum regarding folks that get together for informal heraldry social discussion groups, I wondered if there are any readers of this forum that live in the Chicago area. My wife and I just moved back from Europe, and I wanted to know if there were any armorists and heraldists around with whom I can get together. You can PM me or e-mail me or just post in this thread. It would be a great chance to make personal contacts, get to know other heraldists, and have a fun time discussing heraldry.

—dave—

Guy Power

Guy Power
Total Posts:  1576
Joined  05-01-2006

19 July 2006 11:18

Hello David, and welcome back to the States.

The VOSJ is having its Investiture in St. Louis on 4 November.  There are some VOSJ members who are interested in heraldry and might be willing to meet sometime between 3-5 Nov.  Charles Drake and Ed Moritz immediately come to mind.

Chicago is a bit of a commute, but as I recall it is about a five-hour drive to St. Louis.

—Guy

Edward Wenzl

Edward Wenzl
Total Posts:  158
Joined  18-04-2006

24 July 2006 21:50

Well, if anyone comes to St. Louis for the VOSJ investiture in November, I’d like to meet one/all.  If you so desire, just send me an email and I’ll reply with my phone number and address.  Depending on how long we may want to discuss we’ve got some greaat spots.  Nothing too heraldic though.