Organizations Arms

MMCDHoward

MMCDHoward
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-08-2006

25 August 2006 18:43

Hey guys,

I’ve been asked to help in the design of a local high school’s robotics club arms. The school colors are red and blue, the mascot is a horse, and obviously a robotics club has emphasis on engineering. So I designed the arms with that in mind.

For my rough I just used the impeccable design given to me by Mr. Swanson for my father’s arms and edited what I wanted changed. Keep in mind I don’t plan to use this as the final depiction, and just want it for a visual representation.

So what do you guys think of what I’ve made, and is the language correct?

Arms: On a fess embattled Argent three gears Gules between the chief Gules with an open book Argent fore edges and clasps Argent, in the base Azure a mustang Argent courant affronte.

Crest: The mantling Argent and Gules, on a wreath Argent and Gules a demi-angel affronte proper in armor Sable, his cloak Gules holding in his dexter hand a globe proper.

Motto: Today’s students, tomorrow’s technology leaders.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/MMCDHoward/Pearcearms.jpg

arriano

arriano
Total Posts:  1303
Joined  20-08-2004

25 August 2006 19:41

I think it’s a well conceived arms. I presume the angel has something to do with the school?

MMCDHoward

MMCDHoward
Joined  08-08-2006

25 August 2006 19:51

I believe it does, though I’m still doublechecking on that. If it doesn’t I’ll change the crest to a man with the world, the robotics club holds that symbolism to be important, so I’ll change that as needed. That’s the easy part, I was worried that the language would be off because I’ve never blazoned an arms with that color scheme.

MMCDHoward

MMCDHoward
Joined  08-08-2006

25 August 2006 19:53

and I’ve already found a mistake, the angel should be demi. From the waist up. I’ll fix that.

MMCDHoward

MMCDHoward
Joined  08-08-2006

26 August 2006 03:56

OK, so I got the information back on the angel, as it turns out the angel isn’t an official part of the school and is something the students adopted. I’m changing him to a man, though I’m contemplating making him a child to symbolize the children holding the world in their hands. Not definete on that. Here’s what I’m down to:

Arms: On a fess embattled Argent three gears Gules between the chief Gules with an open book Argent fore edges and clasps Argent, in the base Azure a mustang Argent courant affronte.

Crest: The mantling Argent and Gules, on a wreath Argent and Gules a demi-man affronte proper in armor Sable, his cloak Gules holding in his dexter hand a globe proper.

Motto: Today’s students, tomorrow’s technology leaders.