Spanish College of Arms

Montferrato

Montferrato
Total Posts:  50
Joined  26-09-2006

29 September 2006 07:53

The information is confirmed now, so, I will keep you up to date. In a couple of weeks there will be available a website offering the services of the Spanish College of Arms: It will be a foreign private registry, and it will be in English, because this service is designed for people not living in Spain, and for the big Spanish community living in America. I can tell you some data, and give you the list of requirements to be eligible for application:

1. Spanish nationals.

2. People from Spanish Ancestry.

3. People living in the former territories of the Spanish Crown.

4. Any national of any country of the American Continent (we discovered it, after all).

5. People from the former territories of the Holy Roman Empire, as it was united to the Spanish Crown, may apply on a case to case basis.

6. Those with significant ties to Spain or the Former territories of the Spanish Crown may apply on a case to case basis.

People registering with this organisation will have a Certification of Arms issued by this private register, and it will also benefit from legal protection, as the coat of arms assumed by the applicant will be notarized, and registered in the appropriate Spanish governmental institutions to be entitled to legal protection under the laws of the Kingdom of Spain.

This register will also carry out genealogical research linked to the field of Nobility.

I hope this is useful,

Mark Olivo

Mark Olivo
Total Posts:  536
Joined  23-02-2005

29 September 2006 08:28

Montferrato wrote:

1. Spanish nationals.

2. People from Spanish Ancestry.

3. People living in the former territories of the Spanish Crown.

4. Any national of any country of the American Continent (we discovered it, after all).

5. People from the former territories of the Holy Roman Empire, as it was united to the Spanish Crown, may apply on a case to case basis.

6. Those with significant ties to Spain or the Former territories of the Spanish Crown may apply on a case to case basis.

This is an extremely broad cross-section.  Seems difficult not to find yourself eligible.

Regarding #4, don’t try saying that to any Incas, Mexica, or Mayans. grin

Montferrato

Montferrato
Joined  26-09-2006

29 September 2006 08:50

Well, it is normal, because the Spanish Empire, when was united to Portugal, or when it was united to the Holy Roman Empire, included practically the totality of the american continent, and almost all Western Europe. Well, it is good news for people living on your side of the world.

Of course, i will keep my mouth shut with the mayans and the others.

AKamran

AKamran
Total Posts:  18
Joined  22-09-2006

29 September 2006 10:16

Montferrato wrote:

The information is confirmed now, so, I will keep you up to date. In a couple of weeks there will be available a website offering the services of the Spanish College of Arms: It will be a foreign private registry, and it will be in English, because this service is designed for people not living in Spain, and for the big Spanish community living in America.

Hi,

During the course of my studies of European noble titles, I happened to come accross this website which warns about fraud in world of titles and arms registry and this is a piece of its text:

"... to know that Boada, a notorious con artist and liar’s own fake and now defunct Spanish College of Arms, that had absolutely no official standing or actual connection with the Kingdom of Spain, would accept all of the noble titles of this fake Patriarch and give them recognition or so-called credibility…"

This is the link to the source:

http://www.phoneynobletitles.com/id51.htm

Is this the reincarnation of the same institute or is it different?

Montferrato

Montferrato
Joined  26-09-2006

29 September 2006 13:20

Dear Mr Quajar:

I have been engaged for ten years in the business of law, heraldry, and

nobility, and of course i know very well who is Boada. I can affirm that Boada has nothing to do with this organisation. This organisation is based in La Coruña, Spain, and the adress is: C/Cordeleria 38,5º 15003 La Coruña, Spain. So, no, it is not a reincarnation of a vile business. It is very different.

I also can provide to anyone interested with a telephone number of these people.

Anyway, this site will be ready very soon, and it will be very clear for everybody that this organisation is absolutely impollute. As i have said, it will be an organisation in the same line as the French Heraldic council, Westphalian Society, Burke’s peerage register, Russian College of Arms, etc.

If you or any other person have more queries, i will be very pleased to answer all the questions, because i like very much the idea of this Spanish College of Arms, and it is indeed my pleasure to give all the necessary information that anyone could require.

Yours sincerely,

Guy Power

Guy Power
Total Posts:  1576
Joined  05-01-2006

29 September 2006 13:54

Mr. Valle,

Thank you very much for making us aware of this new private undertaking, and for clearly stating it is not connected with a former similar-named venture.

Do you have an idea of the Fees the Spanish College of Arms will charge?

Regards,

Guy

Montferrato

Montferrato
Joined  26-09-2006

29 September 2006 14:16

Dear Mr Power:

I have no idea at this moment, but for the services they will do, they should be in a range of 400-800 $. If they charge more than this,i think it would be a bit expensive.

Yours sincerely,