William Lawrence

Michael Swanson

Michael Swanson
Total Posts:  2462
Joined  26-02-2005

20 October 2006 10:29

Does anyone know the arms and crest blazon contained in the 30 October 1562 grant to William Lawrence of St. Ives, county Huntington?  Is there a source book that this can be found?

Andrew J Vidal

Andrew J Vidal
Total Posts:  567
Joined  13-10-2006

20 October 2006 10:49

if it was granted in England, give a call to the College of Arms.  I’ve called them many times and spoken to Robert Noel, Lancaster Herald.  He’s very helpful and I’m sure he’d be able to point you in the right direction.

Michael Swanson

Michael Swanson
Total Posts:  2462
Joined  26-02-2005

20 October 2006 10:54

Andrew J Vidal wrote:

if it was granted in England, give a call to the College of Arms.  I’ve called them many times and spoken to Robert Noel, Lancaster Herald.  He’s very helpful and I’m sure he’d be able to point you in the right direction.

I am just trying to avoid the lookup fee:

Quote:

Thank you for your fax to the College of Arms dated 12 October, which has come to me as officer in waiting resopnsible for enquiries at the time of its arrival.

It would certainly be possible to conduct a search in our records to establish what information we hold on this grant and whether there is enough to provide a full blazon of arms and crest. The fee for this search would be $55 (55 US dollars). If you would like to proceed, please send a cheque or order for that sum, made payable to The College of Arms, and I shall be happy to undertake the search and send you a full report on completion.