Website

Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Total Posts:  732
Joined  20-08-2006

26 November 2006 18:04

Hey everyone. When I started this whole wonderful heraldry kick The initial idea was to use my and my wifes Coat of Arms as a template for the design of our new Website.

Well I finally posed it on the web, and you are welcome to give me some (constructive) critiscism if you would like.

Here’s the website:

The Shislers

Joseph Staub

Joseph Staub
Total Posts:  211
Joined  26-08-2006

26 November 2006 19:04

Very nice. Colorful and friendly.

Question: I see you turned the charges in your arms in courtesy to your wife’s . Why did you choose to not turn the whole shield?

Again, well done.

Joseph

Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Joined  20-08-2006

26 November 2006 20:49

Joseph Staub wrote:

Question: I see you turned the charges in your arms in courtesy to your wife’s . Why did you choose to not turn the whole shield?

Joseph

It must be because I misunderstand the custom. I thought only the charges were turned, not the entire shield.

DJensen

DJensen
Total Posts:  29
Joined  16-08-2006

27 November 2006 14:34

I like the color scheme and the layout works well, especially on a high-res client.

Internet Explorer 6 (at least, I haven’t done huge amounts of testing) doesn’t render transparent backgrounds on PNGs correctly.  Changing to GIFs will solve this problem for IE6 users, and shouldn’t cause your file sizes to go through the roof.

Similarly, your content area title is overlapping your second-layer menu (across the top of the content area) on IE6, and probably looks right and works correctly for you.  If I had to take a wild swing at it, I’d guess it was related to the absolute CSS positioning and fixed pixel width of the page.

It’s all silly technical stuff that Microsoft chooses not to implement.

Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Joined  20-08-2006

27 November 2006 15:08

Thanks for the info. I use Firefox, and viewed in there It looks really really good. I guess i will have to IE6 my page though. Thanks for the tip.