My latest

Chapulin

Chapulin
Total Posts:  480
Joined  19-08-2005

06 January 2007 17:38

Trent wrote:

The lion on your shield—I’ve seen it on VectorImages.com, where I signed up to get charges that AG didn’t have. That boar’s head you were wondering about comes from that site as well.

I was going to get that lion too, but then I noticed that it has only 3 claws on the right paws and 4 on the left. Do you are anyone know why that is? Is it special type of heraldic lion or leopard?

The boars head perhaps (as I stated earlier, it was sent to me by a friend), but the lion I hand drew and digitally colored using samples of antiquity for reference. I’m sure you will see if you were to take a better look and feel free.to post the image of the lion you saw, I would be interested in seeing the likeness:)

I have seen several lions inflected with the flange positioning and I assume that the forth claw is hidden behind the paw (outstretched horizontally)

Chapulin

Chapulin
Joined  19-08-2005

06 January 2007 17:47

Trent wrote:

I’ve seen it on VectorImages.com

I went to the above mentioned website but its nothing but a information and resource portal that takes you to other sites:confused:

Trent

Trent
Total Posts:  325
Joined  01-11-2006

06 January 2007 19:23

Sorry, I had the name of the site wrong.  The correct name of the site is "vector-images.com"  Go there and type in "lion" in the keyword search.  It will be the 39th lion image (Clipart ID 39).

Try the following link:  http://vector-images.com/search.php?query=lions&min=30&atype=clipart

Chapulin

Chapulin
Joined  19-08-2005

06 January 2007 19:45

Trent wrote:

Sorry, I had the name of the site wrong. The correct name of the site is "vector-images.com" Go there and type in "lion" in the keyword search. It will be the 39th lion image (Clipart ID 39).

Strikingly similar in structure i.e. width, stance (but common) and distance but a distinct difference in styling, could have been like one of my many references but not as plain as this one, you can see the notable differences.

Trent

Trent
Total Posts:  325
Joined  01-11-2006

06 January 2007 23:13

It’s good to have them side by side like that blown up.  I can see the stylistic differences you mention, particulary in the face and tufts.  It was that 3-toed thing that was so uncanny.  The two must be based on the same source.  Can you post a copy of that too?

PBlanton

PBlanton
Total Posts:  808
Joined  06-11-2005

07 January 2007 16:15

Chapulin wrote:

It wasn’t that big of a deal really (right place at right time sort of thing). I thwarted and apprehended an escaping felon, I also received some commendations but they don’t have a medal for that yet (one of my departmental projects), but when they do, I’ll be sure to add them as well.

Being a police officer myself, I’m always amazed at how much of the job is dependant upon being in the right place at the right time. I’m also amazed at how often I find myself in the wrong place at the wrong time. We deal with dangerous and potentially deadly situations on a daily basis (on and off the job) and come out of it okay because of our training, skills, knowledge, and a good dose of luck. Most of those situations are considered "routine", but as anyone with more than a year or two on the road can tell you, every situation is unique and there is nothing routine in law enforcement. Unfortunately there’s always an "armchair quarterback" ready to critique your every move, hoping to find where you made your mistakes, failing to realize that seconds count and split-second decisions must be made on the street where the action is hitting you in the face (sometimes literally). :banghead:

Ok, I’m rambling. I guess what I’m trying to say is that even when the "pucker factor" is the highest, it is rare to be recognized for a job well done. When you do get an award, you tend to display it with a little extra pride. Congrats on the award. It looks good with your arms. :D

BTW, I’m also trying to establish an awards and recognition program at our department and I’m always looking at what other departments are doing. What other awards does your department use and what are their requirements?

Take care,

Chapulin

Chapulin
Joined  19-08-2005

08 January 2007 19:45

These arms were created for Michael Veagas of Riverside Ca..

I thought I would experiment with different shields.

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

08 January 2007 20:55

Chapulin wrote:

These arms were created for Michael Veagas of Riverside Ca..

I thought I would experiment with different shields.

Chap,

While you’re experimenting, could you experiment with charges that don’t violate the rule of tincture?

Regards,

Chapulin

Chapulin
Joined  19-08-2005

08 January 2007 21:12

I evoke the loophole “ Two red florys proper”

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Total Posts:  967
Joined  03-12-2006

08 January 2007 21:35

Can I ask something…

How can charges such as those be proper? Aren’t they crosses? It is not like you said the insignia of a certain order or known cross, for example, like a St. George cross would be gules on argent. Please inform me as I would like to know, as one of the things I find particulary interesting is the whole armorial phenomenom of "proper".

Take care,

Wait a sec, were you joking?

Chapulin

Chapulin
Joined  19-08-2005

08 January 2007 21:50

MohamedHossam wrote:

Can I ask something…

How can charges such as those be proper? Aren’t they crosses? It is not like you said the insignia of a certain order or known cross, for example, like a St. George cross would be gules on argent. Please inform me as I would like to know, as one of the things I find particulary interesting is the whole armorial phenomenom of "proper".

Take care,

:D

Who’s to say what color a cross, or in this case a flory, is supposed to be. Is the cross made of metal, wood, dried figs or any other material that it may be forged out of? If the end result was what it was meant to be, then it is “proper”

In this case the two “flurys” is the same in color as the two that sit upon the entrance pillars that enter his ranch,  I do not know if those are his branding marks or not but they identify his property in someway

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Joined  03-12-2006

08 January 2007 22:03

Hey for more practice, how about I make a nice line drawing of my arms and you can render it? wink I am so sorry about the other arms you made, and that your effort was well appreciated.

I wanna register with the American Heraldry Register (I hope that is what it’s called) online today or tomorrow and I don’t have an even half decent image to send them.

Your style of art is wonderful, and I really like it, and I want you to know that I really appreciate all your work.

But wait untill I have everything finalized, and then if you are interested, PM me, and I can email you the line drawing. Your email is in my address book.

Regards,

Guy Power

Guy Power
Total Posts:  1576
Joined  05-01-2006

08 January 2007 22:16

MohamedHossam wrote:

Yup, he was .... and it was funny.  I guess "doubly funny" now.  LOL

Cheerfully submitted with a smile,

—Guy smile

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Joined  03-12-2006

08 January 2007 22:21

In the words of the illustrious Homer Simpson…

D’oh!:mad:

Chapulin

Chapulin
Joined  19-08-2005

08 January 2007 22:38

All the charges and field have symbolic meaning and there is no way around it, just as the arms of the republic of Albania and their long debated violation of the rule of tincture.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b6/Albania_state_emblem.png/85px-