Help with Blazon

ESmith

ESmith
Total Posts:  550
Joined  15-11-2005

17 February 2007 02:17

Slakrking wrote:

Philip,

That does look good, thank you for your efforts, her design I think was more based on her not liking the cadencing and my choices for charges than anything else.

You don’t have to use cadency marks this isn’t England (or Scotland or Canada or Ireland or South Africa or any of those other areas that are touchy about such things).  My little clan chose not to use them and my Granddad, dad, and I all have the same shield, just with different crests….

Don’t know what to say about the charges… guess I only have half a solution :wookie:

PBlanton

PBlanton
Total Posts:  808
Joined  06-11-2005

17 February 2007 17:34

Slakrking wrote:

Philip,

That does look good, thank you for your efforts, her design I think was more based on her not liking the cadencing and my choices for charges than anything else.

:shock: What!?!? Do you mean to tell me that there’s an American girl out there somewhere that doesn’t like a Pegasus and flowers?!?!? :shock:

Take care,

Stephen R. Hickman

Stephen R. Hickman
Total Posts:  700
Joined  01-12-2006

17 February 2007 22:31

PBlanton wrote:

:shock: What!?!? Do you mean to tell me that there’s an American girl out there somewhere that doesn’t like a Pegasus and flowers?!?!? :shock:

She probably prefers unicorns, rabbits, and PINK flowers!  :D

Trent

Trent
Total Posts:  325
Joined  01-11-2006

18 February 2007 03:09

Rand, you might want to look at Brumit’s arms at the ACH before adding that third charge on the bottom.  It’s under the Registration link if this link does not work.

http://www.americancollegeofheraldry.org/ACH BRUMIT.jpg

Slakrking

Slakrking
Total Posts:  71
Joined  30-11-2006

18 February 2007 10:35

She has her own distinct interests, she’s 23 so not so much a pink and bunnies kind of person, actually, she’s quite serious and studious. It’s just my style is not her style.

Trent, thanks for that find - I’ll send her back to the drawing board

Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Total Posts:  732
Joined  20-08-2006

18 February 2007 11:07

Slakrking wrote:

She has her own distinct interests, she’s 23 so not so much a pink and bunnies kind of person, actually, she’s quite serious and studious. It’s just my style is not her style.

Trent, thanks for that find - I’ll send her back to the drawing board

You could always have her replace, say, the 4 flowers with 4 charges she likes more. Call it differencing. She can always have the mantling white & Green too instead of red and green.

If she’s looking for a more drastic change (which it appears she is) She could always come up with a shield she likes a lot, call it her mom’s, and quarter or impale them with yours.

Slakrking

Slakrking
Joined  30-11-2006

18 February 2007 11:09

Colin,

All good suggestions, I’ll pass them along

PBlanton

PBlanton
Total Posts:  808
Joined  06-11-2005

18 February 2007 14:02

Quote:

LOL LOL LOL For some reason I was thinking of a 3 year old, not a 23 year old.  rolleyes

I like Colin’s suggestions.  She might also change the tinctures to something more appealing to her and call it differencing.  At 23 she may want her own distinct arms now, but later in life she’ll probably wish she had stuck with something more like yours.

Take care,

Slakrking

Slakrking
Joined  30-11-2006

18 February 2007 14:23

I guess when we speak in terms of our kids, we need to put it in perspective, at 50- 23 seems very young until I realize at 23 I was married, owned a home etc etc etc .... still ... My kid :D

Trent

Trent
Total Posts:  325
Joined  01-11-2006

18 February 2007 15:57

This brings up a topic I had not thought much about before, and that I just stumbled on over at IAAH today.  Are arms for indentifying individuals or for indicating lineage?

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

18 February 2007 16:02

Trent wrote:

This brings up a topic I had not thought much about before, and that I just stumbled on over at IAAH today. Are arms for indentifying individuals or for indicating lineage?

Yes, they are.