Brotherhood of the Kilt

DRShorey

DRShorey
Total Posts:  528
Joined  11-12-2005

27 April 2007 18:50

One of the other online communities I am involved with is The Brotherhood of the Kilt. We are developing our visual identity and it has been suggested that we develop a coat of arms.

The Brotherhood describes itself as follows "The Brotherhood of the Kilt is a co-ed organization dedicated to the kilt. We hope to educate the global community on the history of the kilt and its impact on the Scottish, Irish, Welsh, and English peoples of the world. Via a wide array of mediums, including live discussion and merchant support, we also strive to put forth a modern appearance and image of the kilt for its worldwide acceptance. It is our belief that you don’t need to be Celtic to put on a kilt, you just need the courage to wear it!"

I have offered to assist in the design, but was wondering what ideas come to your mind to represent this fine group of folks. For further information check out www.kiltsrock.com.

Dave Shorey

WBHenry

WBHenry
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  12-02-2007

27 April 2007 21:43

Motto:  It’s a kilt.  If I wore anything under it, then it would be a dress.  wink

James Dempster

James Dempster
Total Posts:  602
Joined  20-05-2004

28 April 2007 02:22

A very quick thought - though thinking is rather difficult after an evening with the Brotherhood of the 17 year old Cragganmore grin

Per fess, paly Tenne and Or a pale Or charged with an escallop Sable and Argent

The blazon could probably be improved.

Above the fess line the paly Tenne and Or recalls the pleating of the kilt and the pale charged with the escallop the apron and sporran.

There is nothing (a field Argent) beneath it.

James

Patrick Williams

Patrick Williams
Total Posts:  1356
Joined  29-07-2006

28 April 2007 07:39

I hope that part of the visual re-branding does something about the "clan badge" logo. Eeps, that thing is ooooog-lee. Anyhow, didn’t know you were a kilt wearer, too, Dave! smile

DRShorey

DRShorey
Total Posts:  528
Joined  11-12-2005

28 April 2007 12:56

The clan badge is set. It was adopted before I became a member. Yep…in addition to the heraldry addiction…I also have the kilt addiction…Must..Have..More..Kilts!

Dave

Patrick Williams

Patrick Williams
Total Posts:  1356
Joined  29-07-2006

28 April 2007 13:38

They are lovely things, aren’t they?

PBlanton

PBlanton
Total Posts:  808
Joined  06-11-2005

29 April 2007 16:02

DRShorey wrote:

One of the other online communities I am involved with is The Brotherhood of the Kilt.

No way! You’re not an x-marker also, are you? If not, check out www.xmarksthescot.com . It’s an awesome online kilted community! Kilts are pretty addicting, aren’t they?  Kilt on!

Take care,