SGM Childs Banner and Badge

David Pritchard

David Pritchard
Total Posts:  2058
Joined  26-01-2007

23 May 2007 05:19

IGNATIUSDMC;45238 wrote:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb309/ignatiusdmc/CHILDSMRSEmail.jpg

And how is the fish going to be blazoned? We discussed this recently on the chat program but we could not come to a consensus.

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

23 May 2007 06:05

How about as an Ichthys?  The CHA granted arms with this symbol to one of the provinces or dioceses of the Anglican Church of Canada some time ago and I believe that’s how they blazoned it.

IGNATIUSDMC

IGNATIUSDMC
Total Posts:  27
Joined  26-03-2007

23 May 2007 23:04

Joseph McMillan;45252 wrote:

How about as an Ichthys?  The CHA granted arms with this symbol to one of the provinces or dioceses of the Anglican Church of Canada some time ago and I believe that’s how they blazoned it.

So, would the blazon read:

Azure, a panther incensed rampant Proper on a pale Argent, an Ichthys on a chief wavy of the same?

For a crest, a Tau Cross Azure??

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

23 May 2007 23:22

IGNATIUSDMC;45278 wrote:

So, would the blazon read:

Azure, a panther incensed rampant Proper on a pale Argent, an Ichthys on a chief wavy of the same?

For a crest, a Tau Cross Azure??

No, a "panther proper," weirdly enough, is silver with red, gold, and blue spots.  And as you have the panther facing the viewer, he needs to be described as "guardant."

Also, the conventional sequence of blazoning in English is to name the ordinary (in this case the pale and the chief) before the charge that is on it.  So:

Azure on a pale Argent a panther rampant guardant Sable incensed Gules, on a chief wavy Argent an Ichthys Sable.

Crest:  On a wreath of the colors a Tau cross Azure.

IMO, you don’t really have to say "on a wreath of the colors," but it is usual.