Nixon arms

arriano

arriano
Total Posts:  1303
Joined  20-08-2004

29 August 2007 16:49

Having read that the old American College of Heraldry had provided arms for Richard Nixon as it had for Lyndon Johnson, I wrote the Nixon library to find out if this "grant" was in their collection. Below is the response I received:

<hr class=“bbcode_rule” >

Thank you for your email regarding a Coat of Arms given to Richard Nixon by the American College of Heraldry and Arms between 1968 and 1970. We have searched the archival holdings in both the pre-Presidential and Presidential eras for any references to this Coat of Arms. We were unable to locate any relevant materials, and therefore cannot confirm that a coat of arms was given to Richard Nixon during those years.

I spoke with the Museum department of the Richard Nixon Library. They have two framed Nixon coat of arms within their collection. One is on display in the Richard Nixon birthplace and is from the Clara Jane Nixon collection. The other is from the pre-Presidential collection. However neither reference the American College of Heraldry and Arms.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Meghan Lee

Archivist

Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum

18001 Yorba Linda Boulevard

Yorba Linda, California 92886

714-983-9132

Michael Swanson

Michael Swanson
Total Posts:  2462
Joined  26-02-2005

29 August 2007 16:54

arriano;48937 wrote:

I spoke with the Museum department of the Richard Nixon Library. They have two framed Nixon coat of arms within their collection. One is on display in the Richard Nixon birthplace and is from the Clara Jane Nixon collection. The other is from the pre-Presidential collection. However neither reference the American College of Heraldry and Arms.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Do we have images of the two that seem to be accepted by the Nixons?