Badge idea

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Total Posts:  2518
Joined  04-06-2007

22 January 2008 18:52

A badge for me was discussed in my orginal post of "Blazon question" in the Open Discussions under Heraldic Design, but after some time none of those has really "spoken" to me. I have been thinking more about it as I have worked on getting together a full achievement and I’ve come up with the idea below. I think it’s fairly unique (though I could be wrong). Thoughts? Has anyone seen this design before?

http://www.hectorcito.com/heraldry/Badge-v3b.gif

I have updated this posting hoping to draw attention to it. I want to make sure I am not ripping someone else off. (I’m being needy, aren’t I?) :(

Dcgb7f

Dcgb7f
Total Posts:  516
Joined  07-07-2007

24 January 2008 10:45

I’ve never seen this design. It looks good, quite unique I must say.

Sandy Turnbull

Sandy Turnbull
Total Posts:  157
Joined  21-03-2007

24 January 2008 11:54

It is unique. Given that it reminds me of the Australian Federation Star (reversed), I like it a lot. Well done :D.

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Joined  04-06-2007

24 January 2008 13:46

Would one blazon this a sun cross Argent and a mullet of seven points inverted Vert intertwined?

PBlanton

PBlanton
Total Posts:  808
Joined  06-11-2005

24 January 2008 16:38

Kenneth,

Nice badge.  :D I like how you combined the charges in your arms to create it, but wonder what it would look like if you used the celtic cross pateé aliseé instead of the sun cross?

As far a blazoning is concerned, one should start at the "back" and work his way "forward".  Therefore it should probably read:  a mullet of seven points inverted Vert intertwined with a sun cross Argent. 

Take care,

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Joined  04-06-2007

24 January 2008 17:17

Thanks Daniel and Sandy.

PBlanton;53621 wrote:

...wonder what it would look like if you used the celtic cross pateé aliseé instead of the sun cross?

As for trying it with a celtic cross of any variation, it’s nearly impossible to get the points of the mullet and the circlet of the cross to line up right without obscuring the mullet. Thanks, Philip, for the support and for the blazon help.