COA design - round 2

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Total Posts:  2518
Joined  04-06-2007

29 March 2008 11:13

Very nice design, Terry. I look forward to seeing your continued efforts at putting together the entire achievement.

Terry;56335 wrote:

...I am pretty sure I have the crest and motto figured out, so I will post them later.

Terry;56363 wrote:

Concerning registering my Arms on U.S. Heraldic Registry…. Am I still able to register my arms without a crest and motto complete yet.  Can these items be added to the registration later or is it best to wait until they are finished and register everything at once.

Unless you live dangerously and think you might not survive to see the rest of your achievement realized, I’d just wait until you have it all together.

Terry

Terry
Total Posts:  419
Joined  07-01-2008

29 March 2008 11:34

kmansfield;56366 wrote:

Unless you live dangerously and think you might not survive to see the rest of your achievement realized, I’d just wait until you have it all together.

LOL!!  Point taken smile

PBlanton

PBlanton
Total Posts:  808
Joined  06-11-2005

29 March 2008 12:59

Terry;56335 wrote:

The blazon I believe, as posted by Fr. Byers is: Gules on a pale between four pallets interlaced with a bar gemel in chief Argent three roses Gules barbed and seeded proper

http://omega1.us/personal/new/rose_stripes.jpg

Terry,

I’m very impressed with your final design!  :D It has a lovely symmetry while also being unique and personal.

As far as registration is concerned, I agree with those above—the hard part is over with, the rest is relatively easy!

Take care,

Stephen R. Hickman

Stephen R. Hickman
Total Posts:  700
Joined  01-12-2006

30 March 2008 02:36

I personally got every detail right—shield, crest, motto, even mantling—before I got my arms registered.  That, I believe, would be the best course of action.