The box would be great for my cigars.

Guy Power

Guy Power
Total Posts:  1576
Joined  05-01-2006

07 July 2006 19:12

Michael,
Michael Swanson wrote:

...I also added a couple custom shirts of my CoA to the order.  I really like them!

Okay .... you’ve got me thinking—which Mike McCartney and Seb Nelson will tell you is a dangerous thing.

Your tee-shirt looks great.  So .... what resolution jpg file did you use for your personal arms?

Thanks,

Michael Swanson

Michael Swanson
Total Posts:  2462
Joined  26-02-2005

07 July 2006 21:10

Guy Power wrote:

Michael,

Okay .... you’ve got me thinking—which Mike McCartney and Seb Nelson will tell you is a dangerous thing.

Your tee-shirt looks great.  So .... what resolution jpg file did you use for your personal arms?

Thanks,

It was just 500x680 at 300dpi.  I suggest uploading a bigger file, but it came out fine.

Guy Power

Guy Power
Joined  05-01-2006

09 July 2006 11:53

Michael,

What is the quality of the silk screening reproducing your personal arms?  It looks like a good, heavy quality.  Do you think it will stand up to repeated washings without cracking or fading?

I’m seriously considering a few personal items as well .... (oh yes, and a few AHS products to support the Cause).

============

Two hours later: Okay .... I note one may purchase the image as "Direct Printing" or "Heat Transfer".  I think I’m leaning towards heat transfer for an apron.

Which print method did you request?

Thanks,

Guy

Michael Swanson

Michael Swanson
Joined  26-02-2005

09 July 2006 18:41

Guy Power wrote:

Michael,

What is the quality of the silk screening reproducing your personal arms?  It looks like a good, heavy quality.  Do you think it will stand up to repeated washings without cracking or fading?

I’m seriously considering a few personal items as well .... (oh yes, and a few AHS products to support the Cause).

============

Two hours later: Okay .... I note one may purchase the image as "Direct Printing" or "Heat Transfer".  I think I’m leaning towards heat transfer for an apron.

Which print method did you request?

Thanks,

Guy

I got the direct printing, and its been washed twice without fading.  The shirts have various fabric thicknesses, and they are listed as a bar in the product details.  I am happy with the weight of the Ash grey and black shirt.

Michael Swanson

Michael Swanson
Joined  26-02-2005

15 July 2006 19:34

I added a couple of new T-shirts (baseball, value), and a couple of other items to the store.  We’ve made several sales :p—- stuff is literally flying off the shelves!  So, hurry and buy, buy, buy.  A small percentage on each purchase goes to the Society.

http://home.comcast.net/~swanson.michael/heraldry/ahs_stuff.jpg

Guy Power

Guy Power
Joined  05-01-2006

16 July 2006 10:59

Yes, I am partially responsible for stuff flying of the shelf!  In addition to purchasing a few AHS toys, I also had some personal toys made as well.

I wanted to post a couple of images, but was unable to copy the designs on Cafe Press’ site.  Howdja dooit?

—Guy

Michael Swanson

Michael Swanson
Joined  26-02-2005

16 July 2006 11:01

Guy Power wrote:

Yes, I am partially responsible for stuff flying of the shelf!  In addition to purchasing a few AHS toys, I also had some personal toys made as well.

I wanted to post a couple of images, but was unable to copy the designs on Cafe Press’ site.  Howdja dooit?

—Guy

You need to create your own store….  it’s free

DRShorey

DRShorey
Total Posts:  528
Joined  11-12-2005

17 July 2006 17:45

Under the OH CRAP! Section…the Black T-shirt has "American Herladry Society" smile You might want to correct that;) Reminds me of when I did a fundraising mailing on an environmental issue. The ouside of the envelope was supposed to say "Save a California Treasure!" Instead it said "Save a California Treasurer!" This went by the eyes of our Development Director and our Executive Director. Oooops..we are only human.

Dave Shorey

Michael Swanson

Michael Swanson
Joined  26-02-2005

17 July 2006 19:26

DRShorey wrote:

Under the OH CRAP! Section…the Black T-shirt has "American Herladry Society" smile You might want to correct that;) Reminds me of when I did a fundraising mailing on an environmental issue. The ouside of the envelope was supposed to say "Save a California Treasure!" Instead it said "Save a California Treasurer!" This went by the eyes of our Development Director and our Executive Director. Oooops..we are only human.

Dave Shorey

Ooops….  :oops: :oops:

I fixed it.  I changed the arms on the shirt and I guess I didn’t read it too carefully.

David Boven

David Boven
Total Posts:  1063
Joined  29-04-2004

18 July 2006 09:48

Michael Swanson wrote:

I fixed it.  I changed the arms on the shirt and I guess I didn’t read it too carefully.

Good thing you changed it. Those herlads get pretty cheesed when others appropriate their Society’s name.

—dave—

Michael Swanson

Michael Swanson
Joined  26-02-2005

18 July 2006 11:10

David Boven wrote:

Good thing you changed it. Those herlads get pretty cheesed when others appropriate their Society’s name.

—dave—

http://www.herlads.com/ is not taken, so you might consider starting that group!

charlesj68

charlesj68
Total Posts:  136
Joined  03-05-2004

18 July 2006 11:50

Michael Swanson wrote:

http://www.herlads.com/ is not taken, so you might consider starting that group!

A fantastic opportunity to start the International Society of Dyslexic Herlads ...

James Dempster

James Dempster
Total Posts:  602
Joined  20-05-2004

18 July 2006 14:23

But what about those who want to discuss helardy, which I was writing about on Sunday if the name of the word file is to be believed.

James :-D

gselvester

gselvester
Total Posts:  2683
Joined  11-05-2004

18 July 2006 16:49

charlesj68 wrote:

A fantastic opportunity to start the International Society of Dyslexic Herlads ...

Herlads of the world…UNTIE!