‘Blazonry Server’

BAllen

BAllen
Total Posts:  31
Joined  23-01-2010

25 August 2010 22:08

I briefly mentioned this as the internet program I used to create my current avatar in a recent thread, but from searching, I thought other forum users might not be aware of this software. I’m sure, if others are like me (and have virtually no artistic talent) will find it useful to create emblazonments:

http://web.meson.org/blazonserver/

The way it works is you type in the blazon you want displayed, and the software manipulates it into a png or svg file of the particular coat of arms. A word of warning must be heard though, as it often does not recognise most complicated or newly-created lines of partition or charges.

In regards to trinctures which is something I found very confusing when I first started to use this software, it does not recognise ‘of the first’, ‘of the second’ etc, but it does allow ‘countercharged’ or ‘counterchanged’ and one can substitute the name of the trincture needed (it allows Gules, Or, Argent, Azure, Vert, Sable, Purpure and everyone’s favourites, Bleu Celeste, Tenne, Sanguine, Murrey, Rose and Copper) for an html code (e.g. #xxxxxx) allowing you to create your drawings in whatever shade of colour you want.

There is a list of some of what the server recognises halfway down the previous page (which serves as a direct link to the software), and on this set of pages, there is a more exhausive guide to blazoning with the sexhaustive guide to blazoning with the server.

:mullet:

J. Stolarz

J. Stolarz
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  30-11-2007

26 August 2010 00:40

These things always get thrown off by my palewise maple leafs.

Antram

Antram
Total Posts:  54
Joined  13-08-2010

26 August 2010 01:37

Well, it does say they don’t have most charges available.  It did fine with my cross bottony but couldn’t figure out a dolphin at all.

Antram

Antram
Total Posts:  54
Joined  13-08-2010

26 August 2010 01:41

Well, it does say they don’t have most charges available.  It did fine with my cross bottony but couldn’t figure out a dolphin at all.

Still, a very cool link.  But BAllen, I simply could not find "the sexhaustive guide to blazoning" you mentioned.  And believe me, I looked. :rofl:

kimon

kimon
Total Posts:  1035
Joined  28-03-2008

26 August 2010 08:48

yeah, these things work great when it comes to basic partitions and ordinaries and some very common charges like lions. However, throw in one of those "fancy" Finnish partitions and it doesn’t know what to do.

Heck, most of these can’t even handle my eradicated oak tree.

Charles E. Drake

Charles E. Drake
Total Posts:  553
Joined  27-05-2006

26 August 2010 12:39

Antram;78813 wrote:

I simply could not find "the sexhaustive guide to blazoning" you mentioned.  And believe me, I looked. :rofl:

Sable, a light bulb Gules.

arriano

arriano
Total Posts:  1303
Joined  20-08-2004

26 August 2010 16:20

Antram;78813 wrote:

But BAllen, I simply could not find "the sexhaustive guide to blazoning" you mentioned.  And believe me, I looked. :rofl:

Good Freudian slip, saying one thing when you mean your mother.

Chuck Glass

Chuck Glass
Total Posts:  265
Joined  12-06-2007

26 August 2010 18:26

arriano;78818 wrote:

OK, that one made me laugh out loud!

BAllen

BAllen
Total Posts:  31
Joined  23-01-2010

27 August 2010 02:12

Antram;78813 wrote:

Still, a very cool link.  But BAllen, I simply could not find "the sexhaustive guide to blazoning" you mentioned.  And believe me, I looked. :rofl:

arriano;78818 wrote:

Must repeat to myself 1000 times: shouldn’t post things on the forum when tired. lol :oops:

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

27 August 2010 05:20

Well, My Ravens and fouled anchor = Question marks (although the color was correct) and there were many errors when we tried to shoot arrows at them.