Paladin Private Security

DRShorey

DRShorey
Total Posts:  528
Joined  11-12-2005

09 August 2010 13:52

Howdy all,

I am transitioning my career path to work in the security industry and was very happy to see the main company I am interested in working for has a very nice emblazonment.

Paladin Private Security

Might they be suitable for nomination for the design award?

Dave

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

09 August 2010 14:19

not a bad design. not a bad emblazon given its use of clipart. i wonder of it is any sort of helm on the bend as per any sort of blazon, or, if it is specifically blazoned that shown, a pot/barrel helm? have you sent them an email asking them?

Alexander Liptak

Alexander Liptak
Total Posts:  846
Joined  06-06-2008

09 August 2010 17:42

It is nice.  I was half expecting to see swords or guns or both.  Nice to see a security company use devices for defense rather than of aggression.

Fair use would allow posting the company’s arms here.

http://www.paladinprivatesecurity.com/images/shield.png

Guy Power

Guy Power
Total Posts:  1576
Joined  05-01-2006

09 August 2010 21:09
Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Joined  13-07-2005

10 August 2010 00:54

i agree with you both.

Marcus K

Marcus K
Total Posts:  3368
Joined  06-05-2005

11 August 2010 04:11

Quite nice Arms, but should realy a Helmet on top of the Shield be shown without a crest?

Alexander Liptak

Alexander Liptak
Total Posts:  846
Joined  06-06-2008

11 August 2010 06:00

There are examples of a helm displayed with mantling but lacking a crest.  Examples can be found from Italy, to mention one, where it was custom to have an escutcheon but not a crest until the more recent centuries.

The families then adopted the shield with helm and mantling layout, but never took the time to devise nor sought a grant of a crest.  Perhaps a majority of times, but certainly not always, such old families are ennobled and will have at least a coronet of rank to place atop the torse.  I am sure some even take it as an honour to have arms so old they predate crests and proudly leave their helm barren.

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Joined  13-07-2005

11 August 2010 10:22

add to what Alexander said with what a client told me regarding a tradition (not universally practiced) with members of the knights of the EOHSJ where they did not show their crest, but rather a helm with wreath/torse and mantling in imitation of the Order’s crest of the Holy Crown of Thorns. and reviewing the masterful heraldic artist Laurent Granier’s page will show several examples of this for some of his clients as well.

DRShorey

DRShorey
Total Posts:  528
Joined  11-12-2005

11 August 2010 13:58

I hope to hear back from them soon as to if I got the job. I will investigate this further when I get the opportunity.

Dave

Marcus K

Marcus K
Total Posts:  3368
Joined  06-05-2005

14 August 2010 06:59

xanderliptak;78338 wrote:

There are examples of a helm displayed with mantling but lacking a crest.  Examples can be found from Italy, to mention one, where it was custom to have an escutcheon but not a crest until the more recent centuries.

The families then adopted the shield with helm and mantling layout, but never took the time to devise nor sought a grant of a crest.  Perhaps a majority of times, but certainly not always, such old families are ennobled and will have at least a coronet of rank to place atop the torse.  I am sure some even take it as an honour to have arms so old they predate crests and proudly leave their helm barren.

Well there is of cause different styles as to this use. But at least here in Sweden it is not adviced to use just a Helmet without a Crest.

BAllen

BAllen
Total Posts:  31
Joined  23-01-2010

14 August 2010 19:05

xanderliptak;78316 wrote:

http://www.paladinprivatesecurity.com/images/shield.png

They seem to have awarded themselves their own order of chivalry! Aside from that, it’s a very nice design, far better than what I would have thought possible for an unassumed coat of arms for a private company.

For reference, compare this with the ‘crest’ as they call it, of a funeral directors, who are located near to where I live. This was the sort of thing I was expecting:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/dancingwombatsrule/crest1.gif

J. Stolarz

J. Stolarz
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  30-11-2007

28 October 2010 00:20

There was a new funeral home that went up near me that has a coat of arms in their logo.  I haven’t looked at it very closely but it looks pretty bad.  I’ll have to swing by and take a picture for you guys to see it.  What’s with funeral homes and having coat of arms? haha