08 May 2011 12:56

Wow, an interesting analogy to say the least.  Yet somehow it makes sense

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

08 May 2011 19:06

Kenneth Mansfield;82677 wrote:

If you think taking the top bun (along with the mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato) off your hamburger and putting it on your chicken sandwich is SIMILAR to putting your entire hamburger on top of your chicken sandwich, I concede your point. I just tend to disagree. But that’s the wonderful thing about the free world, isn’t it? :-?

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

09 May 2011 15:57

IIRC (and maybe I don’t) neither AHS nor our Polish bretheren are the first to use three shields on a chief—doesn’t South Africa have something similar?  (I’m not where I can readily check this)

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

09 May 2011 17:40

Michael F. McCartney;82703 wrote:

IIRC (and maybe I don’t) neither AHS nor our Polish bretheren are the first to use three shields on a chief—doesn’t South Africa have something similar? (I’m not where I can readily check this)

It’s "check the website" day.

http://www.americanheraldry.org/pages/index.php?n=Registration.Foreign#toc23

Lots of arms with three shields (probably deriving from the traditional arms associated with painters’ guilds in Europe), but none of the official heraldic authorities on our page have them on a chief.

http://www.americanheraldry.org/pages/uploads/Registration/saboh.gif

David Pope

David Pope
Total Posts:  559
Joined  17-09-2010

09 May 2011 19:55

Perhaps my question is covered already in an old thread here on the forum, but I can’t find an answer through the search feature.

Doesn’t the Society’s arms violate the tincture rule?  My understanding is that a chief is technically "placed" on the shield vice a line of partition, so in this case it would be azure placed on gules?

David

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Total Posts:  2518
Joined  04-06-2007

09 May 2011 20:39

David Pope;82709 wrote:

Doesn’t the Society’s arms violate the tincture rule?  My understanding is that a chief is technically "placed" on the shield vice a line of partition, so in this case it would be azure placed on gules?

A chief is often (always?) included in the list of ordinaries, so you would think the answer to your question is "yes." In reality, however,  a chief acts more like a division of the field, displacing elements that would otherwise take up the entire shield. Some people argue that it is a violation, others that it deserves exception. I can’t think of any (granting) authorities that hold fast to the former.

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Joined  24-05-2004

10 May 2011 22:53

Joe—thanks!—I just got it upside-down…

The arms are quite nice!

Tomasz Steifer

Tomasz Steifer
Total Posts:  15
Joined  14-12-2009

16 June 2011 19:36

Jeremy Corbally-Hammond;82527 wrote:

Does the coat of arms for the Polish Heraldic Community look familiar to you?

Thoughts?

http://novaheraldia.net/

Hi all!

I’m sorry that so late turn to the discussion, and I apologize for my poor English.

I am vice chairman of Polish Heraldry Community "Nova Heroldia" and while I am the author of this coat of arms.

My error, sorry, by designing this emblem, that I only checked whether the Polish coats of arms (personal and company) does not like it. AHS arms I knew not at that time (2005), and of course I could not be modeled on it. It is clear however that the designers thought of coats of arms are following similar paths. No wonder - the basic rules of heraldry, Charges, Ordinaries, Tinctures are the same everywhere.

A year ago, Nova Heroldia, a private company, was transformed into a society Polish Heraldry Community "Nova Heroldia." Still, we are working on improving our statutes. I think this is an opportunity to slightly change the coat of arms, if it is really necessary.

I, like several Participants of this discussion that there are fundamental differences in the two coats of arms, and the similarities are not necessarily a bad thing - in fact emphasize our common the passion and interest - heraldry.

If, however, AHS officially asks for change in our arms, is due to the fact that your arms like I was earlier, we are ready to change or modify our arms.

I can not agree with the accusation that our arms are not in the Polish style. Poland is in Europe and are in it for centuries regarded European rules of heraldry. The original Polish heraldry often derived from the linear character of ownership, or maybe the runes. Typical of many Polish coats of arms are precisely those linear marks, in addition to horseshoes, crescents, arrows and crosses Pate. But there are many old polish coats of arms, in which they are honorable and subordinaries Ordinaries. Chief (in Polish Głowica) also occurs in several coats of arms.

regards

Tomasz Steifer

Jeremy Keith Hammond

Jeremy Keith Hammond
Total Posts:  789
Joined  20-06-2008

16 June 2011 20:55

Tomasz - that’s generous of you to offer changing it, but I hardly think it’s necessary. I only pointed out the similarity because it was interesting - not to incite anything.

I don’t at all speak for the society, but I doubt you’ll receive a request to change it. At least I would be surprised.

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Joined  24-05-2004

16 June 2011 22:55

I second Jeremy’s comments.  The arms are nice, and while somewhat similar to ours the resemblance is certainly not so close as to offend.  Use them long and happily.

Tomasz Steifer

Tomasz Steifer
Total Posts:  15
Joined  14-12-2009

17 June 2011 03:24

Jeremy Corbally-Hammond;84907 wrote:

Tomasz - that’s generous of you to offer changing it, but I hardly think it’s necessary. I only pointed out the similarity because it was interesting - not to incite anything.

I don’t at all speak for the society, but I doubt you’ll receive a request to change it. At least I would be surprised.

Michael F. McCartney;84911 wrote:

I second Jeremy’s comments.  The arms are nice, and while somewhat similar to ours the resemblance is certainly not so close as to offend.  Use them long and happily.

Hallo Jeremy, Hallo Michael!

I am pleased that these are your opinions. For my part I will add that the similarity of coats of arms of both associations, can also be interpreted as a symbol of traditional friendship between the countries would:)

regards

Tomek Steifer

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  10-03-2009

17 June 2011 19:32

Mister Steifer,

I hope that you keep the arms the same.  I also enjoy the similarity.

Aquilo

Aquilo
Total Posts:  278
Joined  02-10-2010

22 June 2011 09:00

Quote:

Originally posted by Tomasz Steifer:

I am pleased that these are your opinions. For my part I will add that the similarity of coats of arms of both associations, can also be interpreted as a symbol of traditional friendship between the countries

Well said Tomasz, I second you:)

These three charges Argent appearing in chief have specific meaning and if you could explain what you had in mind while designing arms it would be only to our benefit to understand better you decision .Knowing our heraldic past I bet they are our old armorials wink or maybe a promise of better ones ??

Greetings to all,

Anna B-K

ninest123

ninest123
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  29-06-2017

27 September 2018 05:02

20180927 xiaooudsad
pandora charms sale clearance
kate spade sale
moncler outlet online
burberry outlet store