J. Stolarz

J. Stolarz
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  30-11-2007

14 May 2011 10:23

No 24;82997 wrote:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/loaba/PRv24.png

I like this very much

I think you lose the embattled, and kept this shape (As you originally had several threads ago haha) you have a pretty decent looking arms.

j.carrasco

j.carrasco
Total Posts:  639
Joined  20-04-2011

14 May 2011 13:41

Claus mentioned possibly moving the Pegasus up to the crest.  I think a Demi- Pegasus flying out of the torse would be very nice.  You can maybe even have him holding a sword or dagger in his mouth to tie that into your badge.

Jonathan Dominguez

Jonathan Dominguez
Total Posts:  226
Joined  23-04-2010

15 May 2011 14:16

Hey folks - busy weekend. I have look at some things. My choice of charges are just getting blasted on all sides. I have to think about that.

Jonathan Dominguez

Jonathan Dominguez
Joined  23-04-2010

15 May 2011 15:27

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/loaba/PRv30small.png

I know some folks aren’t happy with a colored charge atop a divided field, I love it. Here is a wolf (or lobo as they say in New Mexico) charge.

j.carrasco

j.carrasco
Total Posts:  639
Joined  20-04-2011

15 May 2011 16:35

I like the design but you’re going to run into problems with the black over the green again.  From far away it’ll all just blend together.  Remember just because you’re using a lighter green doesn’t mean another artist is going to use the same one.  If they go for a more standardized green it may be a lot darker.

Also, why the wolf now?  I know you were getting a hard time about the rat but to be honest it kind of grew on me and I associate it with you now (not that you’re a rat but I definitely know it’s you when I see it).  I feel like you’re just grasping at straws trying to find something that will work.  I don’t know if you’ve done this in your previous designs but can you give a little history about yourself and your family?  Perhaps if everyone has an idea of where you come from we can help find something that may fit a little better and that you’d still be happy with.

I’m going through the process myself so I can understand some of the frustrations you may have.  Even if you don’t always agree with what everyone is saying it’s still nice to at least hear the feedback to get other ideas flowing.

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

15 May 2011 16:47

Keep the Rat!  <if you want it> Just because some folks think of rats in the negative, others don’t.  Just as some folks think of wolves in the negative and others don’t.

If you want to lose something - lose the embattled, I haven’t seen a design in this thread with it really adding anything.

I think to heck with negative comments about the dexter sable over vert.  As you charge your enemy, they’ll get the idea!

Again, these are your arms.  Maybe you should give the fridge test more time on the many examples you have available.  No less than a week without changes to see if something sings to you.

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

15 May 2011 17:07

OK, just reviewed all the thread posts. IMHO the two I would be fridge testing (if it were me) are the first one in post #25, page 3 of the thread and the one on post #54, Page 6 in the thread (re-rendered post #64, page 7).

Keep rat, lose pegusus (unless you want to use him in your crest some way), keep colors.

Primary advice: Leave it alone for at least a week and let it simmer.

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

15 May 2011 17:26

Kathy McClurg;83054 wrote:

Just because some folks think of rats in the negative, others don’t. Just as some folks think of wolves in the negative and others don’t.

My terriers are appalled by this kind of moral relativism.  They also want to know just who it is that thinks of wolves in the negative, but I can’t answer for the consequences of telling them.

Jonathan Dominguez

Jonathan Dominguez
Joined  23-04-2010

15 May 2011 21:05

Rat - something I really like, but not a traditional charge.

Pegasus - a Dallas icon, but generally perceived (by friends anyway) as less than masculine.

Wolf - not my first choice, but a very popular icon in Albuquerque (UNM Lobos) and in heraldry as well.

Eagle - traditional heraldic charge, but perhaps not to my taste.

I think I’m gonna knock together something that might evoke a Lego Technic brick. More on that in a bit.

J. Stolarz

J. Stolarz
Joined  30-11-2007

15 May 2011 21:06

Wolves get a bad rep, but it’s all fairy tails and legend.

J. Stolarz

J. Stolarz
Joined  30-11-2007

15 May 2011 21:10

No 24;83062 wrote:

Rat - something I really like, but not a traditional charge.

Pegasus - a Dallas icon, but generally perceived (by friends anyway) as less than masculine.

Wolf - not my first choice, but a very popular icon in Albuquerque (UNM Lobos) and in heraldry as well.

Eagle - traditional heraldic charge, but perhaps not to my taste.

I think I’m gonna knock together something that might evoke a Lego Technic brick. More on that in a bit.

While I’m a huge fan of wolves, and they have a lot of meaning for me, it’s not something that fits for you in my opinion.

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Total Posts:  2518
Joined  04-06-2007

15 May 2011 21:11

No 24;83051 wrote:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/loaba/PRv30small.png

I know some folks aren’t happy with a colored charge atop a divided field, I love it. Here is a wolf (or lobo as they say in New Mexico) charge.

AAAUUUUUUGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Sorry. I was just having a flashback to Joshua’s design thread.

Jonathan Dominguez

Jonathan Dominguez
Joined  23-04-2010

15 May 2011 21:24

Kenneth Mansfield;83067 wrote:

AAAUUUUUUGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

That was a beast of a thread…

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/loaba/PRv16b.png

Yeah, yeah, okay… Here is a big, green, technic beam. And funny thing, I think it’s got huge potential.

More on the Technic beam - it is modern and I understand that modern icons should be avoided. Be that as it may, it’s also comprised of traditional heraldic charges. I love that duality, I just think its neat.

I’ve tried numerous charges as you are all aware (sorry for the visual diarrhea) and for the most part they haven’t meant anything to me personally. The notable exception would be my rat charge.

J. Stolarz

J. Stolarz
Joined  30-11-2007

15 May 2011 21:52

Kenneth Mansfield;83067 wrote:

AAAUUUUUUGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

I know, I was rather difficult to say the least. wink

David Pope

David Pope
Total Posts:  559
Joined  17-09-2010

15 May 2011 21:54

No 24;83071 wrote:

That was a beast of a thread…

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/loaba/PRv16b.png

Yeah, yeah, okay… Here is a big, green, technic beam. And funny thing, I think it’s got huge potential.

More on the Technic beam - it is modern and I understand that modern icons should be avoided. Be that as it may, it’s also comprised of traditional heraldic charges. I love that duality, I just think its neat.

I’ve tried numerous charges as you are all aware (sorry for the visual diarrhea) and for the most part they haven’t meant anything to me personally. The notable exception would be my rat charge.

What about this, but lose the embattling on the fess?

So, Or a fess vert charged with three roundels of the field between three mullets of eight points sable.

http://web.meson.org/blazonserver/emblazon.php?format=png&blazon=or+on+a+fess+vert+three+roundels+or+between+three+mullets+of+eight+points+sable+