Cloned websites

Aquilo

Aquilo
Total Posts:  278
Joined  02-10-2010

23 December 2011 17:36

The thread was terminated and I don’t intend to continue the issue , but I want to make it very clear that I was NOT referring to JamiesonGallery website.

Some of you may know John Duncan of Scetraw who is a member of AHS and it is his Fake Scots Titles website that has been cloned .In a similar way it was done with the site of The Earl of Bradford set to expose fake titles.

Kevin was right - this was a method -unethical, but simple to do.

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  10-03-2009

23 December 2011 18:30

Anna, it never appeared to me that you were referring to the Jamieson Gallery website. :???:

Aquilo

Aquilo
Joined  02-10-2010

23 December 2011 20:25

Thanks Jeffrey for this little bit of confidence .

Maybe I wouldn’t be so passionate about the whole story if it didn’t involve my own little ‘drama’.Profiles of Forum members (including my own) were fabricated.Enough to say that the profile picture of one of the women there was Photoshopped from the original one and now she appears nude .

It will take ages to remove the fake from Google.

Aquilo

Aquilo
Joined  02-10-2010

07 January 2012 06:32

Richard ,Earl of Bradford won his battle against fakes and I’m glad to inform that the clone of his site was shutdown.Anyone searching for it will get’ 403 Error-forbidden’ message.

Andrew Stewart Jamieson

Andrew Stewart Jamieson
Total Posts:  244
Joined  13-05-2011

07 January 2012 08:57

Aquilo;91057 wrote:

The thread was terminated and I don’t intend to continue the issue , but I want to make it very clear that I was NOT referring to JamiesonGallery website.

Some of you may know John Duncan of Scetraw who is a member of AHS and it is his Fake Scots Titles website that has been cloned .In a similar way it was done with the site of The Earl of Bradford set to expose fake titles.

Kevin was right - this was a method -unethical, but simple to do.

I don’t think the Jamieson Gallery needs to be mentioned in any context on this thread.  It’s just not relevant in any discussion about ‘fake websites’ so I must insist that you STOP trying to mention my web site in discussions about fake or corrupt practices.  And what does a discussion about ‘cloned websites’ have to do with American Heraldry in general?  Perhaps this kind of discussion is better suited for a ‘tech’ forum and not one where the topic is ‘heraldry’.