My arms by Nebojša Dikić

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

02 May 2012 20:22

Dragan Ćirić;93250 wrote:

I thank you all for your time and effort that you have put in this discussion. Hopeffuly we will find a solution?

I´m not planing on changing the coloure maybee it would be enough to make the "christian monogram" smaller to see the difference?

Don’t worry about the apparent criticism, Joe has a point that it has to be acceptable in the country of origin… And you have to be happy with it - the rest is just discussion…

wink

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

02 May 2012 21:06

IMO the difference between one double-headed white eagle and two white eagles back-to-back, while interesting from an historical perspective (now why did they do that? etc), isn’t sufficient to distinguish two distinct coats of arms.

In the current instance, however, I don’t think that matters unless someone else in Serbia has otherwise-identical arms—and since the eagle(s) is/are only the crest, we usually don’t expect that it be as distinct as we would expect for the arms themselves.

Dragan Ćirić

Dragan Ćirić
Total Posts:  44
Joined  23-04-2012

04 May 2012 11:02

Richard G.;93201 wrote:

Welcome Dragan! You arms are most interesting, and a treat to see the work of Mr. Dikić. Would you like members to try and work out English language blazon for your arms?

Hi Richard, here is my blazon in english. Mr. Jochen Wilke wrote it.

http://www.americanheraldry.org/pages/index.php?n=Armorial.WilkeJ

Per pale Argent issuing from the base an iconographic representation of St. Pantaleon Proper vested Gules mantled Vert nimbed and holding in the dexter hand a spatula and in the sinister hand a medicine box all Or and per fess of the second a fleur-de-lys Gold and Azure a cross of kosovo of the First

mantled Gules doubled Or on the dexter side and mantled Azure doubled Gold on the sinister side

and on a wreath Gules Or Azure and Gold a dexter half eagle greek style conjoined with a sinister half eagle western style both displayed Argent beaked langued and armed Or charged with a round shield Gules within a narrow bordure conjoined with a Chi–Rho a capital alpha on the dexter side and a capital omega on the sinister side all Gold.

sterios

sterios
Total Posts:  78
Joined  17-10-2010

04 May 2012 14:02

Dragan Ćirić;93286 wrote:

... a wreath Gules Or Azure and Gold ...

For what I can observe your wreath is or, gules, azure and argent.

And as for the letter omega is not capital.

....and finally shouldn’t there be a mention that the heads of the half eagles are in full display?

Dragan Ćirić

Dragan Ćirić
Joined  23-04-2012

04 May 2012 14:36

sterios;93288 wrote:

For what I can observe your wreath is or, gules, azure and argent.

And as for the letter omega is not capital.

....and finally shouldn’t there be a mention that the heads of the half eagles are in full display?

Yes you are right, is it posible for you to write it, because my english i not that good. smile

Richard G.

Richard G.
Total Posts:  451
Joined  26-07-2011

04 May 2012 18:16

Dragan Ćirić;93286 wrote:

Hi Richard, here is my blazon in english. Mr. Jochen Wilke wrote it.

http://www.americanheraldry.org/pages/index.php?n=Armorial.WilkeJ

Per pale Argent issuing from the base an iconographic representation of St. Pantaleon Proper vested Gules mantled Vert nimbed and holding in the dexter hand a spatula and in the sinister hand a medicine box all Or and per fess of the second a fleur-de-lys Gold and Azure a kosovar cross of the First

mantled Gules doubled Or on the dexter side and mantled Azure doubled Gold on the sinister side

and on a wreath Gules Or Azure and Gold a dexter half eagle greek style conjoined with a sinister half eagle western style both displayed Argent beaked langued and armed Or charged with a round shield Gules within a narrow bordure conjoined with a Chi–Rho a capital alpha on the dexter side and a capital omega on the sinister side all Gold.

Thank you Dragan. This is a complex blazon and quite a mouthful. I’m wondering if it could be shortened. I’m afraid since my blazoning skills are elementary, I can’t be of much help. However some other members might have a go.

I can say that from the picture, your wreath is Or, Gules, Azure and Argent. Normally a wreath consists of a metal and a tincture, and is of six twists. I’m uncertain if this is the case with Serbian heraldry, although looking at the website of the Prof. Ljubodrag Grugic, I noticed that he employs this usage for Serbian arms.

Dragan Ćirić

Dragan Ćirić
Joined  23-04-2012

05 May 2012 04:37

Richard G.;93300 wrote:

Thank you Dragan. This is a complex blazon and quite a mouthful. I’m wondering if it could be shortened. I’m afraid since my blazoning skills are elementary, I can’t be of much help. However some other members might have a go.

I can say that from the picture, your wreath is Or, Gules, Azure and Argent. Normally a wreath consists of a metal and a tincture, and is of six twists. I’m uncertain if this is the case with Serbian heraldry, although looking at the website of the Prof. Ljubodrag Grugic, I noticed that he employs this usage for Serbian arms.

Thank you for compliment. Yes the wreath is Or, Gules, Azure and Argent. Yes normally a wreath consists with metal and a tincture. But my wreath is referring to the Serbian flag. (Gules, Azure and Argent) smile

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

07 May 2012 15:26

IMO its easier to consider six twists alternately metal & color as the de facto default, at least in a discussion here—but not the only option, so long as any non-default variant is described (blazoned) in sufficient detail.

Dragan Ćirić

Dragan Ćirić
Joined  23-04-2012

04 June 2012 15:19

The arms of my wife Miliana Ćirić:

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9030/chirichsupruga2.png

emrys

emrys
Total Posts:  852
Joined  08-04-2006

04 June 2012 16:21

nice picture

Dragan Ćirić

Dragan Ćirić
Joined  23-04-2012

05 June 2012 13:22

Thank you smile

Dragan Ćirić

Dragan Ćirić
Joined  23-04-2012

24 August 2012 12:34

Wanted to post my new crest. I have change the blazon.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9600/chirichvelikifinal.png

sterios

sterios
Joined  17-10-2010

24 August 2012 13:09

So now Dragan you have two serbian monocephalus eagles?...

Did you change your badge as well?

Dragan Ćirić

Dragan Ćirić
Joined  23-04-2012

24 August 2012 13:53

Yes, and I have registrate my new arms in Serbia. Father Nenad Jovanovic gave his O.K. smile

sterios

sterios
Joined  17-10-2010

24 August 2012 14:15

Congratulations! In which society?