Breafast cereal makes heraldry simple!

Edward Wenzl

Edward Wenzl
Total Posts:  158
Joined  18-04-2006

01 October 2006 11:31

I looked at the the back of box of breakfast cereal one monring.  The back was encouraging patrons to "Celebrate Family:keepsakes to commerate your family."  An excellent idea so I continued to read. The message suggested such things as plant a tree, collect family stories, make a recepie book and create a time castle.  One suggestion was to "Create a Family Crest"  The directions were simple," A crest can represent a past, present and future.  Brainstorm with you family to create one.  Cut out a shield shape on a large piece of paper.  Divide the shield into sections, and in each section draw or glue something that represents an idea about your family.  Include things like family members, flags, traditions, foods, names, symbols, favorite events and celebrations.  Laminate it for safekeeping."  The picture that accompanied the suggestion showed a shield divided in half fesswise.  The top half showed a picture of the family home. The bottom half was again divided into half.  The left half showed an U.S. Flag and the right half displayed the family dog.  So why did I waste two years fretting about my CoA when I could have just as easily used a picture of the ol’ homestead, the St. Louis flag and the two cats. After all the cats are very French: Sambeau and Rambeau.

ESmith

ESmith
Total Posts:  550
Joined  15-11-2005

01 October 2006 21:16

Rambeau???  ::sigh::

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

01 October 2006 22:48

Ha!.... smile

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

02 October 2006 15:13

Well…where did you suppose "Rambo" came from?  Obviously Anglicized from the French… (tho’ Sly might not appreciate the attribution!).