<ul class=“bbcode_list”>
<li>PRESIDENT T.R. Griffith II</li>
<li>VICE PRESIDENT David Boven</li>
<li>TREASURER Edward Wenzl</li>
<li>SECRETARY Hugh Brady</li>
<li>DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION Joseph McMillan</li>
</ul>

</div>

As Chair of the AHS Nominating Committee and outgoing AHS Secretary, I thank all candidates for their willingness to serve on the AHS Board of Directors, and I extend my warmest congratulations to its newly elected members.

Returning to serve another term in their current offices are President-elect T.R. Griffith II and Education-Director-elect Joseph McMillan.  T.R. Griffith II ran against Professor D’Arcy Boulton.  Joseph McMillan ran unopposed.

Returning to the Board is Vice-President-elect David Boven, who previous to last year served two terms as AHS President.  He ran against outgoing AHS Vice President Father Guy Selvester.

Joining the Board for their first terms of service are Edward Wenzl and Hugh Brady, who ran unopposed for Treasurer and Secretary, respectively.

I anticipate that the new AHS Board will endeavor to extend the progress made by the previous boards. As we glance back at the last year, we see a significant increase in paid membership, educational contributions such as the foreign registration article and the Presidents’ series, AHS’s mention in the NY Times, the first AHS newsletter, an expanded members’ arms roll, work on a legislative plan by the Legislative Directors, new forum software, a new AHS store, the new AHS Design Award given to two organizations, and ongoing and sometimes spirited discussions (such as on the Pope’s armorial achievement) that involved and edified the members and visiting public.

I look forward to the future of the AHS in the hands of the new leadership team.

<div class=“bbcode_center” >
Guid forder!
</div>

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

22 September 2006 02:43

yes. congrats to the officers.

thank you for those who ran for office.

thank you to those who served us the past year.

Patrick Williams

Patrick Williams
Total Posts:  1356
Joined  29-07-2006

22 September 2006 09:21

Yay! Congratulations to all the new officers and a thousand thanks to the old!

gselvester

gselvester
Total Posts:  2683
Joined  11-05-2004

22 September 2006 10:49

Hearty congratulations to the incoming Board!

David Boven

David Boven
Total Posts:  1063
Joined  29-04-2004

22 September 2006 10:53

Thanks for the congratulations, and thanks so much for the work that you have put into the Society. I hope that the incoming board members can carry on the great things that their predecessors have started.

Dave Boven

Stuart

Stuart
Total Posts:  230
Joined  01-12-2005

22 September 2006 13:09

Congratulations to the new officers and to all who were willing to put their names in our hat (helmet?)!

Guy Power

Guy Power
Total Posts:  1576
Joined  05-01-2006

22 September 2006 13:49

Congratulations to the new board members, and my hearty "thank you" to those who served the past year.

I agree that terms of office ought to be longer.

—Guy

PBlanton

PBlanton
Total Posts:  808
Joined  06-11-2005

22 September 2006 14:54

Huzzah! :D

Congrats to the new officers and a hearty thank you to their forrunners!
Guy Power wrote:

I agree that terms of office ought to be longer.

I agree.  Maybe the new board will make some changes to that effect this coming year.

Take care,

Jochen

Jochen
Total Posts:  232
Joined  04-05-2005

22 September 2006 16:24

Everything that could have been said has been said - but not by everybody as yet !

Thus, my warm congrats to the new and my warm thanks to the old crew.

AKamran

AKamran
Total Posts:  18
Joined  22-09-2006

22 September 2006 17:00

Congatulations to the officers and thanks to all of you for accepting me to your group.

I have just joined the AHS and look forward to finding great friends here and learn a lot. :D

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

22 September 2006 17:20

And welcome aboard Arman Kamran. smile

Jeremy K. Hammond

Jeremy K. Hammond
Total Posts:  1914
Joined  22-02-2016

23 September 2006 09:13

Congratulations to the 2006 - 2007 AHS Board, I expect that we will get a lot accomplished this year.  It’s obvious that we have some work to do.  I would like to thank the outgoing board members from the 2005 - 2006 AHS Board, they served us very well and we could not have gotten through the year without them.  Three cheers for Fr Guy Selvester, Michael Swanson, David Shorey and Tina Griffith.

Hip hip!

Hip hip!

Hip hip!

I doubt that’s the last we will see of them though, good dependable volunteers like them rarely stay silent for long.  I look forward to their continued participation in society activities.

Thanks to all that volunteered to run for an office, it’s good to see people stepping forward to help.  We all win when we get good volunteers that want to help us achieve our goals.  Your enthusiasm and willingness to serve will not go unnoticed as we always need people to help with other projects.

I am very excited and honored that you all have once again entrusted me with the responsibility of leading us into this next year.  I accept and will do my best to continue what we have started and to make greater strides toward meeting our goals.

Patrick Williams

Patrick Williams
Total Posts:  1356
Joined  29-07-2006

23 September 2006 10:17

Hooray for us all! I’m excited about the coming year, too and can harly wait to get down to work. Yep, I officially volunteer to serve where I may!

Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Total Posts:  732
Joined  20-08-2006

23 September 2006 10:58

Congrats to all

J Duncan of Sketraw

J Duncan of Sketraw
Total Posts:  271
Joined  15-01-2006

24 September 2006 14:07

As all the rest of the members, congratulations to all.

Kelisli

Kelisli
Total Posts:  570
Joined  13-08-2006

27 September 2006 00:40

Sorry, this is a bit late, but I have not been on line in over a week.  Congratulations to all and thank you to the outgoing board members for their service and dedication.