Family Designs

Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Total Posts:  732
Joined  20-08-2006

02 December 2006 11:28

Here are some of the designs I have made for my family.

I’ll try the Blazons

Sister: Cheque Tenne and Argent a fillet between an elephant statant tusked Argent and a lion passant guardant Azure armed and langued Gules

Mother’s blazon: Azure on a chief Potenty Argent a lion passant guardant of the first armed and langued Gules. On base otter salient and a fir twig of the second in bend sinister.

Here’s the graphical representation, hopefully someone can fix any blazon problems I have.

My Sister:

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/d19def691f.png

My Mom:

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/9da99c645f.png

Patrick Williams

Patrick Williams
Total Posts:  1356
Joined  29-07-2006

02 December 2006 11:36

Colin: on your mother’s arms, the otter comes first in the blazon (we always describe from dexter to sinister).

Patrick Williams

Patrick Williams
Joined  29-07-2006

02 December 2006 11:52

And on your sister’s I might say "a fillet enhanced", or is it a barrulet?

Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Joined  20-08-2006

02 December 2006 12:22

Patrick Williams wrote:

And on your sister’s I might say "a fillet enhanced", or is it a barrulet?

Fixed the mother’s… I guess i don’t understand the difference between a fillet and a barrulet. I thought a fillet was just a barrulet in chief.

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

02 December 2006 12:27

I think you’re right on both accounts Patrick and I think it is a fillet.

Colin I would eliminate the gules tongue and claws from your sister’s lion. The lion does not have to have a different color for those and with the orange I’d stay away from it. Just make it blue all the way around.

I would blazon your sister’s like this:

Cheque Tenne and Argent, between in chief a lion passant guardant Azure, armed and langued Gules, and in base an elephant statant Azure, tusked Argent, a fillet enhanced Azure.

Again I’d remove the armed and langued Gules bit by making the whole beast Azure, but that’s me.

And your mom’s like this:

Azure, in bend an otter salient in sinister chief a fir twig Argent, on a chief potenty Argent, a lion passant guargant Azure, armed and langued Gules.

The chief is mentioned after the field and main charge(s).

Others will tell me if I’m wrong.

P.S. I really like your mom’s design.

Patrick Williams

Patrick Williams
Joined  29-07-2006

03 December 2006 09:28

Hey, Colin…what’s the little doodad that appears in the center of your bend? I never saw that before.

Madalch

Madalch
Total Posts:  792
Joined  30-09-2005

03 December 2006 13:13

Patrick Williams wrote:

Hey, Colin…what’s the little doodad that appears in the center of your bend? I never saw that before.

Isn’t it the astronomical symbol for Neptune?

Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Joined  20-08-2006

03 December 2006 13:37

Patrick Williams wrote:

I just added it in a couple days ago, so in turn it wasn’t there before smile. It’s a cadency mark of my own design (see member’s only section) It’s actually a trident

Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Joined  20-08-2006

03 December 2006 13:39

Donnchadh wrote:

Colin I would eliminate the gules tongue and claws from your sister’s lion. The lion does not have to have a different color for those and with the orange I’d stay away from it. Just make it blue all the way around.

I went ahead and changed My sister’s too Clawed sable. And just blended the tongue in (i.e. no tounge). I took the tounge out of my mom’s arms too, because she didn’t like it, which is the most important thing.