Hello! Another Egyptian heraldry enthusiast!

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Total Posts:  967
Joined  03-12-2006

03 December 2006 23:39

Hello everyone!

I was actually searching for information about Egyptian heraldry when I found some posts by Mr. Kelisli. I am also an Egyptian, and I also have Turkish ancestors (imagine the coincidence!). My great great granduncle was Shavkat Bek Sabri of Izmir, the son of Sabri Bek. His daughter Saima Hanem Sabri was my grandfather’s mother, making me 1/8th Turkish? All other relatives are Egyptian. I also have the personal title of Sharif, signifying my descent from the Prophet (PBUH). I am extremely sorry if these comes out as bragging. Just want you all to know my genealogical background, since I am certain such matters are of concern to heraldicly minded people:)

SO, I just thought I’d introduce myself to this interesting site. My question for Mr. Kelisli, do you have any more information about symbols, flags, emblems from the Mohamed Aly Dynasty era? I made a website, where I put down information from Christoher Buyer’s Royal Ark and other sources, and it has a few things you might find interesting, such as Royal Army insignia from pre-1952. www.freewebs.com/royalegypt.

So, would you have any information? I would also be interested in knowing more about royal and noble emblems from our country (or countries if you count Turkey!).

Mohamed Hossam-Eddine Mohamed

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

04 December 2006 00:13

Welcome Mohamed. Hassan is great. He has a great (at least to me) amount of information on Egyptian heraldry. I loved the thread he had on this… I can’t remember its name, but if you haven’t seen it you should check it out. Way cool.

Also, and I understand this is different, but Arman has great info on Persian (I once made the mistake of saying Prussian LOL) heraldry.

I look forward to your contribution(s). I know it’s early, but have your thought about membership? It is very reasonably priced and the people here are great. Both Arman and Hassan are members and have contributed much. You should consider it. Either way welcome aboard.

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Total Posts:  967
Joined  03-12-2006

04 December 2006 00:24

Thank you. I also look forward to a great experience on this site. I have been interested in heraldry as long as I can remember! As you say, Persian heraldry is also of interest to me, thanks!

Membership? Ehh, I don’t know, I’ve never had more than an amatuer interested in heraldry, as well as vexillology. But maybe I will look into it, it seems interesting.

J Duncan of Sketraw

J Duncan of Sketraw
Total Posts:  271
Joined  15-01-2006

04 December 2006 01:32

Hi Mohamed,

Would be nice to see a larger image of your arms they look intriguing and welcome.