Arms for a Franciscan Priest

Hall/Perdue

Hall/Perdue
Total Posts:  179
Joined  16-12-2006

01 April 2007 11:40

Perhaps I have bitten off more than I can chew.  I am not catholic, however, I’d like to create a CoA for my wife’s uncle.  Fr. Raymond Mallett is a Franciscan priest.  The patron saint of his household? cohort? group? is St. Giuseppe Cupertino.  He is not a member of any order like the Equestrian order of the Holy Sepulchure.

As it turns out, my mother-in-law is a very thorough genealogist, and she has traced her husbands family to a family of Cartographers in France, who were among the first to map Qubec.  The family eventually migrated to Ireland, where they picked up the red hair, pale skin, and allergic to everything genes.  The Malletts of my wife’s family identify themselves as being Irish-American.

As for Arms I’d like to include the Tau cross of St. Francis.  I’d also like to include an animal or two drawn in the celtic knotted style (for the purpose of linking both the Irish and Franciscan relationships).  I would hate to create anything distateful to a priest.  I seek input, especially from the clergy among us.