Editing policy

Michael Swanson

Michael Swanson
Total Posts:  2462
Joined  26-02-2005

02 August 2007 19:42

Messages posted to the forum can be edited by the author within 24 hours of being posted.  After 24 hours, moderators may edit messages at the user’s request.

In the past people sometimes have gone back and edited messages in threads weeks or months after they were posted, which significantly changed the content of the discussion and the continuity of the responses.

To contact a moderator, send an email to moderator@americanheraldry.org .

David Pritchard

David Pritchard
Total Posts:  2058
Joined  26-01-2007

03 August 2007 20:34

It is unfortunate that the time to edit a message is now limited. I have edited my messages hundreds of times for spelling, accents, punctuation, verb conjugation and tense and overly complex grammar, however, I have not change the contexts of my original posts. If persons are drastically changing the contents of their original posts then they make those that follow seem rather out of place or even silly and this is not fair to those who have responded in good faith. This change in policy is probably wise though I ask all to understand when they read my posts that I will no longer be able to correct all spellings and other items named above.

DRShorey

DRShorey
Total Posts:  528
Joined  11-12-2005

03 August 2007 21:31

David,

eym shur yer spellin and gramar aint as bad es myne.wink

Dave Shorey

gselvester

gselvester
Total Posts:  2683
Joined  11-05-2004

03 August 2007 22:33

David Pritchard;48247 wrote:

This change in policy is probably wise though I ask all to understand when they read my posts that I will no longer be able to correct all spellings and other items named above.

David, please remember, however, that while you won’t be able to go back and correct spelling and grammar, etc. a Moderator will be able to do so at your request. So corrections of that nature can still be made indefinitely.

ninest123
ninest123

ninest123
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  29-06-2017

12 October 2018 04:08