New heraldic book ecclesiastical heraldry

Julius

Julius
Total Posts:  1
Joined  16-05-2007

27 December 2007 05:36

Si comunica che è stato pubbliato il seguente libro relativo allo stemmario vescovile della Diocesi di Cesena:

Edoardo Turci - Giulio Zamagni

I VESCOVI DI CESENA E I LORO STEMMI, Dal Concilio Tridentino all’inizio del Terzo Millennio. pp. 128. cm. 19x29. Illustrazioni a colori di grande formato. Gli stemmi del XX secolo sono stati realizzati dal grafico Giuseppe Quattrociocchi. http://www.gqaraldica.it/pubblicazioni/pubblicazioni.htm

Società editrice il Ponte Vecchio. Cesena. www.ilpontevecchio.com

Gli stemmi antichi provengono da una collezione privata. Trattasi di cartoncini miniati che sono stati ritagliati anticamente da cartelle d’archivio che contenevono i documenti dei vari vescovi.

Chi fosse interessato a prenotare la pubblicazione, può rivolgersi alla casa editrice: ilpontevecchio@libero.it

Julius

Stuart

Stuart
Total Posts:  230
Joined  01-12-2005

27 December 2007 10:16

I wish this post had been written in English! :D

I would like to know more about this book, but apparently six months of Italian twenty years ago does not suffice!

gselvester

gselvester
Total Posts:  2683
Joined  11-05-2004

27 December 2007 10:30

I left out some parts that I couldn’t clearly translate but here is the gist of it with the pertinent information:

This is to inform you that there has been published the following book relating to the episcopal shields of the Diocese of Cesena: Edoardo Turci - Giulio Zamagni THE BISHOPS OF CESENA and THEIR COATS OF ARMS, From The Council of Trent to the beginning of the Third Millenium. (pp. 128. cm. 19x29). Illustrations in color in a large format. The coats of arms of XX the century have been emblazoned by Giuseppe Quattrociocchi. http://www.gqaraldica.it/pubblicazio… blicazioni.htm

Published by Societa editrice il Ponte Vecchio, Cesena. www.ilpontevecchio.com

The older coats of arms come from one private collection.  They have been reproduced from the a collection of the archives that contains the old documents of the various bishops.

Whomever is interested to reserve the publication, can address themselves to the publishing house: ilpontevecchio@libero.it

Julius

Cristian A. C.

Cristian A. C.
Total Posts:  46
Joined  06-12-2007

28 December 2007 04:12

Molto interessante, Julius! Grazie per la informazione.

gselvester

gselvester
Total Posts:  2683
Joined  11-05-2004

28 December 2007 12:03

While it is not explicitly stated in the Forum Guidelines (something I will be taking up at the next Board of Governors meeting) this forum is conducted in English. After translating Julius’ post into English (as per the request of another forumeer) I also wrote to him asking him, in future, to post any further information in English. This Society is not international in scope (even though its membership is made up of people from many different countries) but is about and for American heraldry. The discussions on this forum should be able to be understood by everyone who visits here. Posting should be done in English, please or your post may be removed.

I will ask the Board to consider ammending the Forum Rules to reflect this.

Thank You for your cooperation.

Cristian A. C.

Cristian A. C.
Total Posts:  46
Joined  06-12-2007

29 December 2007 02:19

I’m sorry about that.

In any case, I see a lot of forums that do forbid discussion in other languages for the sake of efficiency in moderating, and I can understand that. Most that forbid the foreign languages require you to post a translation of anything in another language that you post or they have a dedicated forum for discussion in other languages. In any case, I’m sure that this policy is going to be enforced reasonably. I doubt that citing such well known phrases like "c’est la vie" or "e pluribus unum" will be in violation, nor likely will asking for a translation of a motto in Spanish or German cause any problems.