COA design - round 2

Terry

Terry
Total Posts:  419
Joined  07-01-2008

19 March 2008 23:44

werewolves;55749 wrote:

Per fess Gules and Argent within a tressure flory three roses all counter changed

This is an interesting thought.  I will see if I can put it into graphic form tomorrow.  Will also allow you to correct me if I blow it smile

werewolves

werewolves
Total Posts:  477
Joined  14-08-2007

20 March 2008 00:23

Terry;55753 wrote:

http://omega1.us/personal/new/rose_stripes.jpg

Great googly moogly, I love it!  What a unique design, but how in the world would you blazon that?  What the heck, I’ll embarrass myself wink

Gules two pallets in dexter flank two pallets in sinister flank two bars in chief all Argent all enlaced (??), over all on a pale Argent three roses Gules barbed and seeded proper

I’m sure that’s wrong…

WBHenry

WBHenry
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  12-02-2007

20 March 2008 00:28

For what it’s worth, I really like the one you did in post #19, Kevin.  Although I wonder how it would look with only one large rose instead of the two smaller ones?

Terry

Terry
Joined  07-01-2008

20 March 2008 00:54

werewolves;55759 wrote:

Great googly moogly, I love it!  What a unique design, but how in the world would you blazon that?  What the heck, I’ll embarrass myself wink

Gules two pallets in dexter flank two pallets in sinister flank two bars in chief all Argent all enlaced (??), over all on a pale Argent three roses Gules barbed and seeded proper

I’m sure that’s wrong…

LOL!!

your blazon was much better then anything I could do. As you can tell I didn’t even have the nerve to attempt it.

Jonathan R. Baker

Jonathan R. Baker
Total Posts:  625
Joined  27-03-2007

20 March 2008 01:00

WBHenry;55761 wrote:

For what it’s worth, I really like the one you did in post #19, Kevin.  Although I wonder how it would look with only one large rose instead of the two smaller ones?

I agree with William on this one, although if you are determined to have three roses, you might try arranging them in the typical three-charge pattern of 2-and-1.

werewolves

werewolves
Total Posts:  477
Joined  14-08-2007

20 March 2008 01:17

WBHenry;55761 wrote:

Ask, and ye shall receive wink

[ATTACH]416[/ATTACH]

And purely for the love of asymmetry

[ATTACH]417[/ATTACH]

WBHenry

WBHenry
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  12-02-2007

20 March 2008 01:23

Wow!  The top one in post #37 is something to behold!  Assymetrical and simple.  Nicely done!  If Terry doesn’t want it, I may scarf that one up for the wife!

Dohrman Byers

Dohrman Byers
Total Posts:  760
Joined  02-08-2007

20 March 2008 01:28

As a blazon for the design in post 32 might I suggest: Gules on a pale between four pallets interlaced with a bar gemel in chief Argent three roses Gules barbed and seeded proper.

David Pritchard

David Pritchard
Total Posts:  2058
Joined  26-01-2007

20 March 2008 09:59

Terry;55712 wrote:

True.  I liked the tressure for in my mind the overall elegance it adds.

On the whole I view the tressure in all its varitaions as an elegant heraldic element. However in the case of your proposed design, it takes away elegance rather adding it. The tressure just does not work with the complicated partition line. One must be discarded in order for the design to work.

Terry

Terry
Joined  07-01-2008

20 March 2008 10:16

WBHenry;55768 wrote:

Wow!  The top one in post #37 is something to behold!  Assymetrical and simple.  Nicely done!  If Terry doesn’t want it, I may scarf that one up for the wife!

Rev. Henry -  If you would like it for your wife, please feel free.  I’m glad my jumping all over the place may be able to help someone else also :D

Quote:

As a blazon for the design in post 32 might I suggest: Gules on a pale between four pallets interlaced with a bar gemel in chief Argent three roses Gules barbed and seeded proper.

Father Byers - Thank you!  I never would have been able to figure this out!

Quote:

On the whole I view the tressure in all its varitaions as an elegant heraldic element. However in the case of your proposed design, it takes away elegance rather adding it. The tressure just does not work with the complicated partition line. One must be discarded in order for the design to work.

David - Thank you for your input.  The more I look at the tressure with the partition line I can see your point. Needless to say I forgot the tenant that simple is better.

Personally, right now I am leaning toward the one in post 32 or the bottom one in 37.  One of the reasons I like the one in post 32 is the pallets kind of give a similar effect as a bordure but are significantly different to be unique.  I am going to put an quick graphic together of the tressure also but remove the rayonny just to have a look at and review before I eliminate it out of hand.

Thank you all for your continuing input and help.

Terry

Terry
Joined  07-01-2008

28 March 2008 21:27

Wanted to take a quick moment to thank everyone for your input, advise and help on my COA design.  I have decided (final) on the below.  I know it is not to everyone’s liking but I really like it and know that no matter what else I try to think of, this will always be my choice.  I wanted to say a special thanks to Kevin for the original base design and all the specific help he has given.

The blazon I believe, as posted by Fr. Byers is: Gules on a pale between four pallets interlaced with a bar gemel in chief Argent three roses Gules barbed and seeded proper

http://omega1.us/personal/new/rose_stripes.jpg

Thanks again all - I am pretty sure I have the crest and motto figured out, so I will post them later.

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

28 March 2008 22:22

Not bad…sort of calls to mind a rosebush climbing a trellis.

Stephen R. Hickman

Stephen R. Hickman
Total Posts:  700
Joined  01-12-2006

28 March 2008 23:23

I like your new arms, Terry!  Congratulations!  I’m a huge fan of symmetry, and these arms are awesome!  Now, my advice would be to visit the U.S. Heraldic Registry’s website—run by our very own Michael Swanson!—and get your arms registered there.  Then you simply find and think of ways to display your arms with pride!  :D

Sandy Turnbull

Sandy Turnbull
Total Posts:  157
Joined  21-03-2007

29 March 2008 00:42

A very nice design. Well done & congrats.

Terry

Terry
Joined  07-01-2008

29 March 2008 10:16

Joseph, Stephen, Sandy - Thank you!

Stephen - Concerning registering my Arms on U.S. Heraldic Registry. (Micheal you are also more then welcome to respond if you wish smile )  Am I still able to register my arms without a crest and motto complete yet.  Can these items be added to the registration later or is it best to wait until they are finished and register everything at once.

Again…thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

Terry