Danish Heraldic Artist Ronny Andersen

eploy

eploy
Total Posts:  768
Joined  30-03-2007

07 July 2008 06:12

Ronny Andersen has a very nice website:  http://www.arsheraldica.dk/index_english.html.  I’d love to commission work from him but my list of commissions is starting to overflow!

Daniel C. Boyer

Daniel C. Boyer
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  16-03-2005

07 July 2008 10:10

eploy;60245 wrote:

Ronny Andersen has a very nice website:  http://www.arsheraldica.dk/index_english.html.  I’d love to commission work from him but my list of commissions is starting to overflow!

I wish I knew where to get a blazon for the Ikast-Brande arms.  It certainly would have fallen under the "clever piles" thread.

Terry

Terry
Total Posts:  419
Joined  07-01-2008

07 July 2008 11:11

He definately does incredible work.  I hope to someday commission him for a rendering of my arms.  Need to gather some cash thou…with the Dollar not being worth much it makes it a bit difficult.

Someday thou!

Ronny Andersen

Ronny Andersen
Total Posts:  60
Joined  01-02-2007

07 July 2008 12:01

Thank you all for your kind words; I am sorry that the English version of my web site is not completed, but I am no wizard when it comes to web design!

Regarding the blazon of Ikast-Brande, I have the blazon in Danish; a rough translation would be:

Gyronny of ten Argent and Gules, on the larger gyron in sinister chief a flame Or

I would love to see other suggestions!

/Ronny

Dohrman Byers

Dohrman Byers
Total Posts:  760
Joined  02-08-2007

07 July 2008 12:24

Thanks for the heads up. I especially like Andersen’s municipal arms.

David Pritchard

David Pritchard
Total Posts:  2058
Joined  26-01-2007

07 July 2008 14:49

I just saw Ronny’s photograph on the website and he is a young man! Some how in my mind I have envisioned for some time that the Heraldic Artist to the Queen of Denmark was an old man with grey hair and not a fresh faced youth, young enough to be my son! What a surprise for me. Very attractively designed website by the way.

David E. Cohen

David E. Cohen
Total Posts:  359
Joined  08-02-2008

07 July 2008 15:25

However old you are, as I have said elsewhere, Mr. Andersen, you are very gifted and do beautiful work.

Regarding the blazon for Ikast-Brande, I am not sure what to call it, but I don’t think it would be gyronny of 10.  For gyronny, all the gyrons should be equal, and most often, two of the divisions would be fesswise.

It seems more like a shifted gyronny of twelve (I am not sure what the appropriate heraldic term would be), with one of the gyrons Argent replaced by a flame Or issuant from fess point.

Ronny Andersen

Ronny Andersen
Joined  01-02-2007

07 July 2008 16:56

I must admit that I as born i 1979 will be a mere 29 later this year. So I will have many years to improve my skills and try to live up to the masters of heraldic art.

Regarding the blazon of Ikast-Brande, the one I gave was a direct translation of the official blazon in Danish, but the one by David Cohen seems more appropriate.

/Ronny

eploy

eploy
Joined  30-03-2007

07 July 2008 21:38

Ronny Andersen;60294 wrote:

I must admit that I as born i 1979 will be a mere 29 later this year. So I will have many years to improve my skills and try to live up to the masters of heraldic art.

Your youth is a blessing!  So many great masters are already quite old and many have sadly passed away (e.g., Richard Crossett, Margaret Wood, Dennis Ivall).  It is nice to know that heraldry can still attract fresh talent such as yours.  You have a lifetime to perfect your already formidable skills.  My only concern is that I can commission you soon without angering my wife…..  wink

Ronny Andersen

Ronny Andersen
Joined  01-02-2007

08 July 2008 02:45

Well, then I´ll just have to paint a little something for her as well, won’t I?

wink

Ronny

eploy

eploy
Joined  30-03-2007

08 July 2008 06:58

Ronny Andersen;60309 wrote:

Well, then I´ll just have to paint a little something for her as well, won’t I?

A brilliant answer!  hahahahahahahah!

eploy

eploy
Joined  30-03-2007

08 July 2008 08:07
Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

08 July 2008 08:51

Linking the images directly:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/justM/CPM/McoatofarmsHA.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/justM/CPM/HeraldryAusJD.jpg

By way of explanation, the first image shows the marital arms of Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark, nee Mary Donaldson.  The dexter escutcheon shows the royal arms of Denmark (representing her husband Crown Prince Frederik) and the sinister her personal arms, the two united under the crown prince’s coronet.

The second is the arms created for her father, Dr. John Dalgleish Donaldson, professor of mathematics at the University of Tasmania, in connection with his appointment to one of the royal Danish orders (Dannebrog, I believe).

In Scottish style, the arms derive from the stem arms of MacDonald, differenced by the addition of the chief.  The seven pointed stars represent the Donaldsons’ Australian nationality.

eploy

eploy
Joined  30-03-2007

08 July 2008 09:15

Thanks for that Joseph.

I still haven’t quite figured out how to insert pictures.  Do you simply hit the insert image icon and then add the URL for the relevant picture?  What if the picture is part of a larger page, how then would you select just the target picture?

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

08 July 2008 09:37

Right click on the picture you want to post, and you will get a list of options including "properties."  When you click "properties" a window will open with "address/URL."  An image address should normally be in the form *.gif, *.jpg, or *.png.  If you then copy that into the window for the "insert image" icon, it should make the image appear in your message.

eploy

eploy
Joined  30-03-2007

08 July 2008 10:03

Cool.  I’ll try it next time.  :D