Questions for the Coat of Arms Visual Designer SW

jwetzel

jwetzel
Total Posts:  8
Joined  22-08-2008

23 December 2008 00:17

I wasn’t sure if I should put these questions in the Design forum or here or somewhere else.  Moderators, please move it if there is a better fit.

As some of you know, I’ve been working on what I’m still calling the "Coat of Arms Visual Designer" at http://www.inkwellideas.com/heraldry/

My next task is to make the ordinaries a bit more feature rich.  In particular I want to let the user specify just how many bars, bendlets, pallets, etc.  But I’m not sure of all the ordinaries that should allow for a varying number.  Here are the ordinaries I’ve got or I’m planning on adding soon:

bar, barrulet, base, baton, bend, bend sinister, bendlet, bendlet sinister, canton, chevron, chevronels, chief, closet, cross, endorse, endorse around pale, escarpe, fess, fillet, garter, garter sinister, pale, pallet, pile, quarter, saltire.

Furthermore, what range of numbers should I allow?  And if there isn’t room for 8 pallets (for example) should I squeeze them to fit?  For that matter, even if there is room for them all, should I squeeze them all a bit more so there is some empty space on each side regardless of how many the user wants?

Thank you, and if you have any other constructive criticism please post or message me.

Deer Sniper

Deer Sniper
Total Posts:  222
Joined  13-06-2008

24 December 2008 03:19

Thank you! I was looking for that address!

jwetzel

jwetzel
Total Posts:  8
Joined  22-08-2008

24 December 2008 11:25

Deer Sniper;65311 wrote:

Thank you! I was looking for that address!

You’re welcome!  Again for all: if you have suggestions/rules related to my original post, please reply!