Some Heraldry Books Online

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

25 October 2011 17:15

We have the basic heraldic bookshelf on the main site, and we have the section (work in progress) on researching ancestral arms on the main site, with links to many but not all of the visitations.

We don’t need to duplicate Google books by providing a link to every book on heraldry (you can get that by going to Google books and searching for "heraldry"!).

May I suggest that any member who thinks that a particular list of links would be useful ought to compile the links and send them to Kimon or Kenneth or me in a form that can be usefully uploaded?  In other words, with some explanation of what they are besides "a bunch of heraldry links"?

That would be more likely to achieve results than just dropping yet one more task on your part-time volunteer AHS staff.

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

25 October 2011 17:53

Another suggestion is to copy the list and throw it on a word document then back it up with your other data - which I’m sure everyone does regularly.  I have a spot on my network at work that only I can get to and I keep some documents with similar links there just in case I lose my home copies…  and/or my jump drive…