Alternate Emblazons for McClurg Arms

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

14 June 2009 13:15

Hello Gentlemen,

Here’s the BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front) - I am in need of some alternate electronic emblazons for several members of my family and if anyone is willing to give me a hand with the alternate emblazons for all or some of the family or any single member, I would very much appreciate the effort.  Please feel free to PM me or respond here.

Here’s the long version:

I have been engaged for some time in developing a Christmas present for my immediate relatives in the McClurg family which was meant to include:

1.  Arms for my Father (deceased) with cadency/differences for the family.  My father’s to be registered with the ACH and all to be registered with the USHR.

2.  Registered Tartans (with an item made from them for each member)

3.  Father’s genealogy (bound by 3 rings so I can later add Mom’s and other branches of the family over the space of years.

In this vision I was interested in several emblazons of each arms to allow the family a vision of how different artists would render such and they could choose those to use as they saw fit.  Until recently, I had expected to satisfy the multiple emblazons with Barrie’s work and support from the IAAH - the IAAH will not be completing the remaining emblazons, so I find myself in need of additional emblazons for seven members of my family.  What I have to date may be seen on the McClurg Arms thread.

Since I am no artist of any kind, I find myself in need of an additional emblazon for each of the arms which only has one from Barrie to date.  The blazons I still need are:

Elaine Trula McClurg: (Frederick’s Widow – Cartouche, Motto)

Arms:  Arms of Frederick Henry McClurg (Per Fess Argent and Azure in chief two Ravens proper jointly transfixed by an Arrow fesswise point to sinister in base a Fouled Anchor Or) with a brisure of widowhood (Kathy reminder - blue diamond in center chief)

Motto:  Omnia Pro Bono (All for the Good)

Rhonda Lynn McClurg (ne Johnson) (Timothy’s wife – Shield, Motto):

Arms:  Arms of Timothy McClurg (Per Fess Argent and Azure in chief two Ravens proper jointly transfixed by an Arrow fesswise point to sinister in base a Fouled Anchor Or) a Lozenge Gules at the Fess Point

Motto:  Omnia Pro Bono (All for the Good)

Kelly Elizabeth McClurg (Timothy’s Eldest Daughter – Cartouche, Motto)

Arms:  Per Fess Argent and Azure in chief two Ravens transfixed by a single Arrow fesswise point to sinister Or in Base an Open Book proper cover Or clasps proper charged with a Quill Pen Bend sinister-wise Azure

Motto:  Believe in Yourself and Magic will Happen

Amanda Katherine McClurg (Timothy’s number two Daughter – Cartouche, Motto)

Arms:  Per Fess Argent and Azure in chief two Ravens transfixed by a single Arrow fesswise point to sinister Or in Base an Open Book proper cover Or clasps proper charged with a Quill Pen Bend sinister-wise Tenné

Motto:  Live Well - Laugh Often - Love Always

Shannon Lynn McClurg (Timothy’s youngest child – daughter – Cartouche, Motto)

Arms:  Per Fess Argent and Azure in chief two Ravens transfixed by a single Arrow fesswise point to sinister Or in Base an Open Book proper cover Or clasps proper charged with a Quill Pen Bend sinister-wise Purpure

Motto:  Acta non Verba (Action not Words )

Kathleen A. McClurg (Frederick’s Daughter – Shield, Helm, Motto):

Arms:  Per Chevron Argent and Azure in chief two Ravens proper jointly transfixed by an Arrow fesswise point to sinister in base a Fouled Anchor Or.

Crest: A Demi Dragon rampant Azure armed Gules holding in the dexter claw a Torch proper enflamed the sinister resting on a Sword Argent hilted and pommelled Or point down.

Motto:  Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I’ll either find a way or I’ll make one)

Caitlin E. McClurg (Heir to Kathleen A. McClurg – Cartouche, Motto):

Arms:  Per Chevron Argent and Azure In chief two Ravens proper jointly transfixed by an Arrow fesswise point to sinister in base a Fouled Anchor Or for difference a temporary Label of two points Gules as eldest daughter

Motto:  Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I’ll either find a way or I’ll make one)

I have a hard target of Thanksgiving so I can gather everything and prepare it for Christmas delivery - as long as I know it’s in the works and has a target delivery date - the emblazons are not necessarily required this instant.

And, for the record, this is in no way disparaging of Barrie’s help thus far, I always intended to acquire several copies and one of my resources to do so is no longer available.

Thanks so very much in advance,