US Heraldic Registry

larrysnyder

larrysnyder
Total Posts:  70
Joined  30-09-2009

12 December 2014 18:25

After a hiatus of some months, I see the Registry is back on line and has issued 8-10 new registrations.

Larry Snyder Dec. 12, 2014

MacEanruig

MacEanruig
Total Posts:  49
Joined  07-11-2014

14 December 2014 00:46

PBlanton;103181 wrote:

HI all!

Sorry for not posting anything for a while.  Lately, I’ve returned to lurking in the shadows and reading what others have to say rather than contribute actively.  I’ve found that requires way more time than I would like to commit right now.  ‘-)

The rumors are true, I am now the new owner of the US Heraldic Registry!  I’m really excited about this opportunity and hope to expand upon what Michael began.

I have received several new registration submissions that I am currently working through.  You may have seen some new ones on the website that I processed this past weekend.  Michael had a large backlog of requests prior to the change and I am working with him to transfer all of those over to me.  Until that transfer is completed, if you had submitted a request for the free registration prior to 01 DEC 2014, please feel free to resubmit your request and I’ll get to each in the order they were submitted.  If you requested one of the paid services before then, I will need to work with Michael to get those completed.

Thank you for your patience during this transition period.

Take care,

-Phil

Will you also be taking orders for certificates with USHR artwork? If so, I may order a certificate.

larrysnyder

larrysnyder
Joined  30-09-2009

16 December 2014 01:30

I am delighted. I think the Registry fulfills an important role. I just hope you can develop it beyond a "one man show". Best wishes on your endeavor.

Robert Blackard

Robert Blackard
Total Posts:  117
Joined  22-01-2012

16 December 2014 19:59

I just sent my information off. smile

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

23 December 2014 02:46

Looking at the USHR website this evening (12/22), it shows eleven new registrations this month! - kudos for Phil!  Commendable, especially for a volunteer labor of love, and in a holiday month!

Also noted that a few of these new entries include the optional emblazoned certificate so unless these were Mike’s work before turning the operation over to Phil, it appears that this option is still available.

One question - just curious - I noticed that the colors of the USHR shield on these certificates changed some time ago from a blue shield with white stars to a yellow field with blue stars.  Both are attractive, just curious when & why the change.

(My speculation is that the change was to avoid a tincture violation with the red fess. FWIW I think a red fess on blue, while technically a no-no, wasn’t in this case all that serious a deal; but as noted above, I think both versions were/are quite nice.)

Mark Olivo

Mark Olivo
Total Posts:  536
Joined  23-02-2005

23 December 2014 09:41

Michael,

Will you be accepting changes to established blazons, or additions such as adding a Spanish language version of the blazon?

larrysnyder

larrysnyder
Joined  30-09-2009

29 December 2014 19:53

I submitted two registration requests and within 24 hours of submission I receive e-mail confirmation of receipt and copy to check for accuracy. What a difference!

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Joined  24-05-2004

30 December 2014 06:08

Ditto Larry’s experience, just this week - Phil was very prompt and efficient!

Update - the registration "in memoriam" for my wife’s GGG grandfather Robert Conquergood that I submitted late Sunday night has been added to the USHR website this morning -Thanks Phil!

For those who haven’t yet submitted arms for registration, go for it!  (I suspect three days is a record, and that Phil was likely off work this week,  but I found him a joy to work with.  He sent a draft for review and correction, and we exchanged several emails before it was added to the website.  If you are more careful than I was of typos in your initial submission, you’ll need less back and forth!  Also, be sure you pick the type of submission you really want - personal, in memoriam, or whatever - and review a few earlier registrations of the same type as models.  Also if you want to include a badge, the application form doesn’t have a block for that (or didn’t as of Sunday -  I think Phil plans to add that when time permits) so you’ll need to insert it in one of the other blocks and let Phil know since much of the formating is automatic on his end.

Kudos to Phil for resurrecting the USHR!

Brad Smith

Brad Smith
Total Posts:  182
Joined  12-02-2009

30 December 2014 19:20

I have had the same experience.  It’s nice to see the USHR back in action.  :D

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  10-03-2009

30 December 2014 19:35

My rating for USHR has moved up to 5 stars. :D

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

31 December 2014 01:14

FYI - I’ve communicated with Phil recently and he did state he’s issuing certificates for those providing their own artwork and has in the past done some artwork himself and is "dusting" those talents off as well.

MacEanruig

MacEanruig
Total Posts:  49
Joined  07-11-2014

01 January 2015 11:03

Great news indeed!

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Joined  24-05-2004

01 January 2015 17:19

For December, a round 20 new entries; though after the holidays, and with the challenges of work and tax returns etc., not likely sustainable at that rate.

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Joined  24-05-2004

12 February 2015 20:01

Status update:

As of this afternoon, there are 1,030 registrations in USHR.

Of these, 63 were registered by Phil after he took over in early December;

21 in December and 42 so far this year.  Good work!

I ordered a certificate of the arms I registered "in memoriam" for my wife’s great-great grandfather, which arrived yesterday - very nice!  (You can see a thumbnail image on the USHR registration page for Robert Conquergood.). The emblazonment is the artwork that Denis Towner created years back when we designed the arms - one of the two renditions of these arms on my page in the AHS Members Armorial, but without the AHS "watermark." smile

zebulon

zebulon
Total Posts:  65
Joined  23-12-2013

08 April 2015 17:42

Once Phil loses interest (or, God forbid, eventually leaves his mortal coil) I assume the USHR’s lifespan and its records will last until the GoDaddy (or whoever) hosting runs out? Like 6 months to a year?

Or are the records being archived in depository libraries?

If not, what’s the point in registering? A certificate for wall decor? (nothing wrong with that, just trying to figure it out)