The pins are in!

Andemicael

Andemicael
Total Posts:  257
Joined  02-04-2006

23 June 2006 16:03

Got the arms and badge put on some pins. The process for the arms, on a round shield, was diestruck "soft" enamel. The badge is hard enamel cloisonne.

Excuse the images, my digi is old and doesn’t take closeups very well, and my scanner doesn’t show reflective surfaces nicely. The 3D rose came out very well, though the pics don’t do it justice.

After giving them out to family, i’ll have tons left over for projects (i.e. zippo lighter, cigarette case, decoration for the stock of one of my lever-actions and handle of my cartridge-converted remington revolver, etc.  Lots of potential here)  Also, will probably make the process of making a ring, etc. alot easier as Ive got something physical for the jeweler to work with.

If anyone is considering lapel pins, etc, let me know as I’m very familiar with the process involved.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/blackgas/pinsmade.jpg

Michael Swanson

Michael Swanson
Total Posts:  2462
Joined  26-02-2005

23 June 2006 16:37

Very nice!  What company did you use?

arriano

arriano
Total Posts:  1303
Joined  20-08-2004

23 June 2006 16:58

Andemicael wrote:

If anyone is considering lapel pins, etc, let me know as I’m very familiar with the process involved.

Well, I wasn’t considering lapel pins until I saw this fine product. They look great! Is this a very expensive process?

Andemicael

Andemicael
Joined  02-04-2006

23 June 2006 18:00

i used this place, as I worked there until very recently (quit last month to go to Europe)

http://www.stadriemblems.com/

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

23 June 2006 18:24

they are nice. smile

Andemicael

Andemicael
Joined  02-04-2006

24 June 2006 02:46

heeey!

liking the new look on the arms, donnachadh!

PBlanton

PBlanton
Total Posts:  808
Joined  06-11-2005

25 June 2006 14:48

arriano wrote:

Well, I wasn’t considering lapel pins until I saw this fine product.

My thoughts exactly.  Great looking pins, Andemicael!

David Boven

David Boven
Total Posts:  1063
Joined  29-04-2004

01 July 2006 18:01

Andemicael wrote:

Got the arms and badge put on some pins. The process for the arms, on a round shield, was diestruck "soft" enamel. The badge is hard enamel cloisonne.

Excuse the images, my digi is old and doesn’t take closeups very well, and my scanner doesn’t show reflective surfaces nicely. The 3D rose came out very well, though the pics don’t do it justice.

After giving them out to family, i’ll have tons left over for projects (i.e. zippo lighter, cigarette case, decoration for the stock of one of my lever-actions and handle of my cartridge-converted remington revolver, etc.  Lots of potential here)  Also, will probably make the process of making a ring, etc. alot easier as Ive got something physical for the jeweler to work with.

Menkerios,

Did you receive the PM that I sent you about these pins?

—dave—