no longer accepting commissions

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

31 May 2011 12:35

i’m posting this so people can find it in the future as i get requests for commissions from time to time.

i am no longer accepting commissions for heraldic artwork. i apologize if that is a burden to anyone, as it’s not meant to be. if i ever pick up a pencil or brush again it will be for personal enjoyment only.

as for the couple of men who are in my queue, i will finish your pieces asap (Doc, i found a template for a piece i was going to re-do for you but had simply forgotten. no excuse. i simply forgot it when i was busy with my queue. i will paint it and send it out to you, but will need your address again. my apologies on that. you are the third and final piece in my queue).

i am still able, and willing, to talk with people about design by PM as i have been doing with a few of you. but, i will not charge for that and i simply can not paint any of it for you. i hope you can understand and i’m sorry to those who’ve been asking me for quotes. thank you for your consideration in commissioning pieces…that was very kind.

Charles E. Drake

Charles E. Drake
Total Posts:  553
Joined  27-05-2006

31 May 2011 16:04

Denny,

If I am the Doc you are addressing, I’ve forgotten what was undone, if anything. I thought we were all finished.

If it is I, and if you like, you can just cancel whatever it is, as I am happy with what you have sent me in the past. Otherwise, please let me know by private post.

Kindest regards,

eploy

eploy
Total Posts:  768
Joined  30-03-2007

31 May 2011 22:01

This is truly sad news Denny.  :(

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

31 May 2011 22:05

I concur with the lost of a great artist - I wish I’d have gotten in the queue faster.

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

02 June 2011 00:46

Doc, you are the one. I will PM you. I had forgotten all about it until I seen the template while cleaning my studio out and then it hit me like a 2"X4". I will PM you.

Edward, you are very kind. You were a wonderful client and I consider you one of my heraldry e-friends.

Kathy, I am sorry about not being able to get you in too. I would’ve liked to work on your project. It would’ve been a first for me. smile

Believe me I’d rather be painting and drawing again. However, it has been too much of a struggle these many months and it just is what it is. Life throws curveballs at you and sometimes you swing and miss. That’s just the way it is. After the website went down and loosing that $5K Oktoberfest commission from a city in Kansas because of that followed by the threatened lawsuit and now another artist using my designs as a template for some of his work, and, well, I’m disgusted by it all. I just can’t pick up a pencil and doodle anymore. It is embarrassing, but it is what it is. Sorry. Wish I could.

Besides, there are many good/great artists out there and most all are better than I. I’m happy I was able to contribute what I could in the short time I was able to emblazon pieces.

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

02 June 2011 01:09

That’s OK Denny - take a break, re coup, be happy with life - it’s far to short to do anything you don’t want to do.  It’s unfortunate all of these issues have cropped up.

As always, Be Well - Kathy

eploy

eploy
Total Posts:  768
Joined  30-03-2007

03 June 2011 01:00

Donnchadh;83864 wrote:

Edward, you are very kind. You were a wonderful client and I consider you one of my heraldry e-friends.

Denny, you are too kind.  Right back at you friend!

There’s nothing embarrassing about your situation.  Your experiences would peeve me as well, and would certainly sour my willingness to engage in some aspects of our beloved hobby.

I agree with Kathy.  Take a break and find rediscover what makes you happy.  Anyway, you have already left a wonderful heraldic legacy of which I am happy to be a small part.  Furthermore, you will of course remain a participant on this forum, and I look forward to many more years of reading your forum posts.

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

07 June 2011 22:12

Do what ya gotta do ... what you’ve done for others here & elsewhere has been a great contribution—but it was your gift, not a tax!