Greetings from Copenhagen

JamesD

JamesD
Total Posts:  90
Joined  29-04-2007

31 July 2011 03:49

Richard G.;86455 wrote:

Thank you James. I’m delighted you would consider doing two versions of my arms and I’d love to see them. Unfortunately, probably because I’m new here and also a bit thick, I simply can’t find them. Is there a gallery I should log on to? Could someone guide me perhaps?

Richard

Actually, Richard, I’m the one that’s a bit thick. I linked the images (which you should now find attached to my original post) to my album. However, I have just realised that I had marked it ‘private’, hence (I image) why you or anyone else couldn’t see it :(  Many apologies - please let me know if there is still a problem.

Richard G.

Richard G.
Total Posts:  451
Joined  26-07-2011

31 July 2011 08:10

JamesD;86461 wrote:

Actually, Richard, I’m the one that’s a bit thick. I linked the images (which you should now find attached to my original post) to my album. However, I have just realised that I had marked it ‘private’, hence (I image) why you or anyone else couldn’t see it :(  Many apologies - please let me know if there is still a problem.

Many thanks James. These are splendid! I particularly appreciate the version with five nails across the fess as this provides clarity. Nails don’t appear that often in heraldry and when they do, are frequently displayed in groups of threes as passion nails.  When someone sees the original version of my shield which has a very dense semé I often hear - "Oh, very nice - whatisit"? And while a good opener I’d really prefer "why nails"?

I’m going try an attach the original version of my shield.

Once again - thank you and well done!

Richard G.

Richard G.
Joined  26-07-2011

31 July 2011 08:22

I’m also going try and upload my FHA ....... if I make of hash of it hopefully a there’s a kind webmaster who will bail me out .. :mullet:

JamesD

JamesD
Total Posts:  90
Joined  29-04-2007

31 July 2011 09:51

Richard G.;86463 wrote:

Many thanks James. These are splendid!

Thanks for your kind remarks and also for posting these images of your achievement. Perhaps you might like to post them to an album on this site for future reference, as well. If you don’t know already, you can create a new album and upload images to it by following this route

Quick Links [top of screen > User Control Panel [drop down box] > Pictures & Albums
<div class=“bbcode_left” >
> Add Album
</div>

Richard G.

Richard G.
Joined  26-07-2011

31 July 2011 11:17

JamesD;86467 wrote:

Thanks for your kind remarks and also for posting these images of your achievement. Perhaps you might like to post them to an album on this site for future reference, as well. If you don’t know already, you can create a new album and upload images to it by following this route

Quick Links [top of screen > User Control Panel [drop down box] > Pictures & Albums
<div class=“bbcode_left” >
> Add Album

</div>

Thank you James, I’ve started an album and eventually I’ll include the arms that have been designed for my family as well.

I’m very grateful to anyone who would care to create a version of my arms.

Richard