Trouble accessing this forum on Android

Deer Sniper

Deer Sniper
Total Posts:  222
Joined  13-06-2008

15 September 2011 22:46

I assume that this falls under "Forum Help"

When I attempt to access this forum from my android I can open the login but when I attempt to enter my ID and or password it closes again before I can type into it. Is there a way to access this forum on Android? I am not on the computer that much anymore and find that my free time is usually when my only Internet access is on the Phone.

kimon

kimon
Total Posts:  1035
Joined  28-03-2008

16 September 2011 08:34

That’s because of the Javascript on the drop down.

You can access the forum via this link, that suppresses the javascript for the login page: http://www.americanheraldry.org/forums/?nojs=1#login

note: this also works for iphones

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

16 September 2011 15:15

i have same problem on my droid x2. however, i’ve found if i just hold down on the section it will let me type it in. hope that helps.

James Dempster

James Dempster
Total Posts:  602
Joined  20-05-2004

05 January 2012 08:45

Just a quick note to thank you Kimon for the very clear instructions that let me log in fairly painlessly from my new tablet, and to keep this thread fairly near the top. As Android gets more common, I can see this question becoming more common.

James

Martin Goldstraw

Martin Goldstraw
Total Posts:  92
Joined  06-01-2006

09 January 2012 10:27

For a moment, I thought there had been some wonderful technological breakthrough ...I must be really out of date…. you see I always thought an Android was a robot or synthetic organism designed to look and act like a human, and with a body having a flesh-like resemblance!!!!!!