can we have an offensive thread removed please?

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

12 October 2011 18:33

i’m not sure how to ask this, so forgive if it’s incorrect, but this isn’t a personal request, so i don’t know if it meets Kimon’s suggestions for PMs in the other thread he posted. my apologies if it is the wrong way.

that said, can we have the thread in this section called, "Differencing of historic arms" removed from public view entirely and not just locked down, please? i find it’s attempted personal attacks on others (not me, hence i didn’t think it met the personal critreria for a PM) offensive and see no real constructive heraldic value, be it USA or international, in it being left up for view at all; it was already removed from a different thread and is now here on its own. i was hoping it’d be removed by now as it serves no constrctive purpose for the visitors or membership. so, can we just remove it please? thank you.

again if i asked in the wrong manner, i’m sorry.

Andrew Stewart Jamieson

Andrew Stewart Jamieson
Total Posts:  244
Joined  13-05-2011

12 October 2011 19:01

Well I confess I read the thread in disbelief. The person was way off topic..this was about motto’s and somehow a new coat of arms was questioned. Even when Joe answered the questions and stated it was off topic and that as they were new arms it did not matter. I am afraid I rather lost my cool as you can see.

I do not mind a discussion it is what forums are about but unfortunately in this instance and speaking here from experience with this person there was an agenda here. Others on this thread spotted it for what it was also and commented to me.

You know we should celebrate this weird, wonderful and magical world where Lithuanian Jewish Merchants can be enobled and knighted and become great actors in England and conversely people who may or may not be descended from 16th Century English Peers could well have become American Rodeo riders, fought for their country in Vietnam and even had some native American ancestry too.

Bottom line I designed these new arms for an American citizen end of story.

http://jamiesongallery.com/choward2011.html

Ce Howard

Ce Howard
Total Posts:  63
Joined  29-09-2011

12 October 2011 19:29

http://www.americanheraldry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6230&highlight=differencing+of+historic+arms

I would also like this thread removed please for two very important reasons:

1.)  They are my dad’s arms and I love him very much.  I’m extremely proud of him.

http://jamiesongallery.com/choward2011.html

2.)  I don’t want people to be afraid to post their arms on this forum which I’ve come to enjoy for fear that they might face a similar situation.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

12 October 2011 19:43

Although not a moderator, I’d like to point out that in the upper right hand corner of each post is a small red circle with an exclamation point in it.  This allows you to report a post as an issue.  Click and it opens a form.  I’d suggest using that format to report a post (please read the specific reasons the form should be used).  Also, please remember the folks who run the forum have lives beyond the AHS and may take a little while to respond.

I do agree the thread should be removed.  Not because someone asked a question regarding the traditions of using differences of traditional arms.  It’s a valid question for a novice and should be addressed.  The thread should be removed because after Joe’s instructive and accurate response the questioner persisted in a mean spirited manner thinly veiled with more or less polite coverage.

I request the subject thread be removed AND this thread be removed at the moderators earliest convenience.

Nick B II

Nick B II
Total Posts:  203
Joined  26-11-2007

12 October 2011 20:45

I oppose deletion on principle.

If people said stupid shit on that thread it should be kept so that they can’t pretend they’ve never said anything stupid. If everything said on the thread was intelligent and valuable there’s no reason to delete it.

Nick

Hugh Brady

Hugh Brady
Total Posts:  989
Joined  16-08-2005

12 October 2011 21:01

I am locking this thread pending review by a moderator.