Membership inquiry

mquigley

mquigley
Total Posts:  68
Joined  06-10-2011

12 October 2011 13:34

Hello Kimon,

I joined the AHS today as a full "standard" member, but I still cannot read the restricted posts… the forum still has me as just a forum member. I suspect that membership takes time to work itself through the wickets, but I wanted to alert you to the fact that I joined the society. looking forward to the benies of membership. Cheers!

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

12 October 2011 16:08

MQ—welcome aboard!

Like any organization composed of & staffed by volunteers with (please God!) lives beyond the Forum, it sometimes may take a little time for the wheels to grind…

As I used to say when i was on the Board for my (now long-grown) daughters’ youth soccer league—& I think Coach Denny can likely confirm it’s still true in youth sports—the fees we charged—read "dues" in the present context—paid for parts (and that barely), not labor.  We’re lucky to have the officers & appointees we do have, & need to make allowances for distractions like jobs & families smile

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

12 October 2011 18:29

Michael F. McCartney;88665 wrote:

MQ—welcome aboard!

Like any organization composed of & staffed by volunteers with (please God!) lives beyond the Forum, it sometimes may take a little time for the wheels to grind…

As I used to say when i was on the Board for my (now long-grown) daughters’ youth soccer league—& I think Coach Denny can likely confirm it’s still true in youth sports—the fees we charged—read "dues" in the present context—paid for parts (and that barely), not labor.  We’re lucky to have the officers & appointees we do have, & need to make allowances for distractions like jobs & families smile

yep. i can confirm that Michael. i spend more money on coaching that neiher the schools, the leagues, or the parents can afford. in my truk right now is over $1000.00 worth of tackling dummies, arm shields, medic bag, footballs, cones, white board, etc. and these kids, both at school and in comp (travelling) youth football league pay hundreds of dollars each sport. and this does not count the fields and refs all of which have to be paid for. the costs keep going up and up and up and it’s starting to price out poorer kids, which is a horrible shame (part of why i made my team to be made up of 25% single moms/dads whose income is below at the working pverty level or below—thankfully the Denver Broncos and several other businesses are very generous to youth sports).

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

12 October 2011 19:49

mquigley;88658 wrote:

Hello Kimon,

I joined the AHS today as a full "standard" member, but I still cannot read the restricted posts… the forum still has me as just a forum member. I suspect that membership takes time to work itself through the wickets, but I wanted to alert you to the fact that I joined the society. looking forward to the benies of membership. Cheers!

Hi Micheal - Glad you have joined AHS.  I would like to point out there’s a thread for "Introductions, forum help and comments" towards the bottom of the forum.  Best place to put this kind of question because the IT gods follow that thread pretty closely.

wink  Welcome aboard!