Thanks to my Patrons of the AHS

Andrew Stewart Jamieson

Andrew Stewart Jamieson
Total Posts:  244
Joined  13-05-2011

18 December 2011 09:32

Just a quick note to thank those members of the AHS who commissioned work from me and to say due to restructuring of my heraldic art practice that I am no longer accepting new enquiries from private citizens.  I have decided to focus only on the corporate and noble sectors of my business as well as concentrate more on writing and other painting so I am making my business private. The Jamieson Gallery website will remain on the web but only to serve as an archive for previous and existing patrons.  I will be updating this site one final time with the AHS members’ arms that I have painted. As part of this restructuring I have resigned my position as Chairman of the Society of Heraldic Arts. I will of course stay available to my existing patrons because so many have become friends.  I do have a few more arms to complete that were commissioned recently by AHS members so you will see them posted in due course but again I am not accepting new enquiries.  As of today new enquiries will be referred to a select few artists whose work I know, trust, and admire.

May I take this opportunity to wish you the Compliments of the Season.

Andrew

steven harris

steven harris
Total Posts:  696
Joined  30-07-2008

19 December 2011 11:02

This is unfortunate news to those who may have desired to become new private clients of yours.  All the same, we wish you all the best!

J. Stolarz

J. Stolarz
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  30-11-2007

19 December 2011 11:05

steven harris;90761 wrote:

This is unfortunate news to those who may have desired to become new private clients of yours.  All the same, we wish you all the best!

It is indeed.  Best of luck to you though Andy, I love your work.

Andrew Stewart Jamieson

Andrew Stewart Jamieson
Joined  13-05-2011

19 December 2011 16:36

Thanks fella’s but I have been at it for nearly three decades now and so I guess those who wanted them had plenty of time.  smile Maybe I am being a little selfish, but I am looking forward to just working with my long time patrons/friends and again concentrating on the corporate and noble sectors of my art practice. There are some good up and coming and established professional artists out there like Ronny Andersen, Kevin Arkinstall, Xavier d’Andeville, Michael Medvedev to name but a few and so I am looking forward to hopefully seeing their renditions of AHS Members arms in the near future. This old war horse will no longer be grazing in the public pasture.  :cool:

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Total Posts:  2518
Joined  04-06-2007

21 December 2011 14:22

On the one hand, I’m glad to hear that there is enough corporate and "noble" work to keep food in your belly and a roof over your head. The larger majority of armigers will, however, feel the loss.

motx72

motx72
Total Posts:  179
Joined  28-04-2005

21 December 2011 15:31

Kenneth Mansfield;90929 wrote:

On the one hand, I’m glad to hear that there is enough corporate and "noble" work to keep food in your belly and a roof over your head. The larger majority of armigers will, however, feel the loss.

Ditto.  :cry:

Andrew Stewart Jamieson

Andrew Stewart Jamieson
Joined  13-05-2011

14 January 2012 10:22

Kenneth Mansfield;90929 wrote:

Well there are some pretty good heraldic artists out there and I have a list of artists who’s work I recommend and so I hope that at least some others will benefit from the decision. The ‘noble’ and Royal work I do actually combines all my talents as a calligrapher, heraldic artist and manuscript illuminator and of course I relish the chance to work in all three mediums because it is who and what I am.