Intro: Medugal

Medugal

Medugal
Total Posts:  110
Joined  09-05-2012

11 May 2012 08:22

Hello,

My name is Medugal, and I’ve recently become very interested in the area of heraldry. I’m 25, working as a supply teacher (with hopes of getting a full-time job) specializing in English and History, both of which I took in my undergrad.

I was wondering where I might post my working ideas for my own personal coat-of-arms. I thought "Personal Heraldry", but didn’t want to post in the wrong thread!

Thanks!

Richard G.

Richard G.
Total Posts:  451
Joined  26-07-2011

11 May 2012 12:32

Greetings Matthew and welcome to the Forum. If you have an AHS membership, I believe the correct thread would be ‘Heraldic Design’ in the Members Area.

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

11 May 2012 20:59

While we’re not supposed to get deeply engaged in the design process for new personal arms outside the Members folders (like a certain Mr. "O" my opinions on that rule are "evolving" smile ) I don’t think there would be an objection to a new Registered User providing a bit more personal background info and asking generalized questions about various aspects or examples of heraldry, sharing heraldic stuff that you’ve seen, etc.

If you like what you see, maybe you’ll be inspired to join the Society!—an inexpensive process, but necessary to generate the cash needed to keep this place running.

I’m curious about the term "supply teacher"—not knowing (yet!) where you hail from, I can only guess that it’s either what most Americans would call a "substitute teacher" (on-call filling in for regular teachers who are ill or otherwise not at school)—or perhaps you’re instructing students in the field of "supply"—though what that might entail, outside of the military, I can’t imagine.

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  10-03-2009

11 May 2012 23:41

Welcome Medugal.

For registered members (not dues paid members), we are at least allowed to tell you everything about your arms that doesn’t work (scathing, heartless, cruel and condescending criticism is always free on this planet). :wookie:

For pleasantly constructive advice and design help (which occasionally includes some of our graphic artists posting volunteer renderings and doodles of your idea stages), we are only allowed to assist in the "members only" area (accessible to dues payors). :pope: