Semy (also semé, aspersed, replenished, strewed, strewn, poudré or powdered)

Richard G.

Richard G.
Total Posts:  451
Joined  26-07-2011

11 June 2012 02:45

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison;93948 wrote:

I challenge you to Karaoke at dawn. My country western ballads are deadly!

Can I be in charge of ticket sales? :p

Derek Howard

Derek Howard
Total Posts:  116
Joined  08-05-2009

11 June 2012 02:50

Joseph McMillan;93942 wrote:

Quote:

I’m not much for battle preferring instead the role of a gentle friar with his tinctures for bruises ......

That would be purpure, wouldn’t it?:)

But if one’s arms were, say, "debruised with a hurt" for difference it would be a roundel azure, as in: :confused:

Jeremy Keith Hammond

Jeremy Keith Hammond
Total Posts:  789
Joined  20-06-2008

11 June 2012 11:05

Kathy McClurg;93945 wrote:

I’m afraid I generally go for the distance shot - blaster in City of Heroes, Hunter in WOW…. Gun at home… we’ve had that conversation!:rolleyes:

Ah! I miss World of Warcraft. I may need to subscribe again soon. (I usually played a warrior - closest to a knight, I suppose)

Any ways - regarding the "semy" debate, this may be less relevant for Mr. Globe, but if there’s ever a chance to create a canting blazon, I take it.

In a draft of arms for my ex-wife’s father, we drew a polka-dot crow as a play on their name "Corbally." It was kind of a stretch, but I got a kick out of it.

Richard G.

Richard G.
Total Posts:  451
Joined  26-07-2011

11 June 2012 16:21

It was agreed that somehow, a globe should figure in my arms however IMO a globe proper does not lend itself well to heraldry. The closest we came to canting is the crest; Issuant from an ancient ship’s hull proper two demi lions guardant that to the dexter contourné Azure holding an armillary sphere Or.

Unfortunately, and perhaps sadly, I very seldom use my crest.

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

11 June 2012 16:44

Back to Joe’s poetic blazon: "...some water in a ditch"—I would have thought that a good ol’ Southern boy—and especially when said water might be said to allude, in prominent part, to the Creek nation! (see the atassa in his crest)—would know, and attempt to honor, the difference between ditch water and branch water!  Next time we meet, remind me to order my Bourbon neat…

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

11 June 2012 18:33

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison;93948 wrote:

I challenge you to Karaoke at dawn. My country western ballads are deadly!

I forfeit…  as violent as I tend to be, I will not employ torture - any ballad by me is torturous and then deadly, My daughter won’t let me sing even in the privacy of my own home.