Can I just get awarded?....lol

Robert Blackard

Robert Blackard
Total Posts:  117
Joined  22-01-2012

22 July 2013 00:52

Can I just get a CoA awarded? lol I’m the first in my family to graduate from college and i work in the Human Service field. What more do I have to do…lol I’ve been brainstorming designs and I always find something wrong with them. However, as a good question and a conversation starter, since we’re in the US a lot of rules don’t apply to us. So, other then just making our own or have someone else make one, if we had to, what would the perimeters be to have a CoA awarded to US citizens. this is just a hypothetical question. wink

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  10-03-2009

22 July 2013 01:12

As I mentioned to you earlier, as sovereign grand master of the order of the ROFLcopter, I am empowered to grant you an award of arms. The tentative blazon I am considering, based on your meritorious life achievements… Per bend Pink and Fuscia, a Rubber Duck Or overall.

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Total Posts:  2518
Joined  04-06-2007

22 July 2013 01:15

If you can provide the proper genealogical proofs, the College of Arms (England), Lord Lyon (Scotland) or the Chief Herald of Ireland will "award" you a coat of arms, but under the same slogan my buddy uses for his print shop: anything for a friend for a fee.

If it’s just a matter of feeling overwhelmed, though, I’m sure we can form a committee and decide for you. smile

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  10-03-2009

22 July 2013 02:07

Robert, correct me if I misinterpreted… were you having some doubts as to the legitimacy of just assuming arms vs. being granted them by some authority?

Snyder

Snyder
Total Posts:  322
Joined  25-11-2007

22 July 2013 13:03

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison;99907 wrote:

As I mentioned to you earlier, as sovereign grand master of the order of the ROFLcopter, I am empowered to grant you an award of arms. The tentative blazon I am considering, based on your meritorious life achievements… Per bend Pink and Fuscia, a Rubber Duck Or overall.

This sounds amazing.

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

22 July 2013 18:30

"Can I just get awarded…"??  Nah—just like high school math, you gotta do the work, not just write down the answer.

IIRC (no time to look it up here in Fiji) we’ve played around with possible designs for you in the past; if any of them strike your fancy, then they’re yours for the asking—but because you choose them, not because we’ve "awarded" them.

But please do the refrigerator test for a month or so before settling on one design, or else we’ll be hearing from you in 6 months or a year asking about altering your arms.  smile

Robert Blackard

Robert Blackard
Total Posts:  117
Joined  22-01-2012

22 July 2013 20:09

"But please do the refrigerator test for a month or so before settling on one design, or else we’ll be hearing from you in 6 months or a year asking about altering your arms.  smile Good things come, to he/she who waits.