Yet Another New Coat of Arms for a Fellow Priest

gselvester

gselvester
Total Posts:  2683
Joined  11-05-2004

25 May 2014 15:14

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/839/g2c7.jpg

Another one that I just completed. The idea came to me all at once one day after months of trying to do a design the client would like and coming up with nothing.

The shield is divided per saltire, the upper and lower quarters being gules and the other two being vert. These colors, along with the argent (white) are the national colors of Italy, the country of the bearer’s ancestry. In the center there is an open crown with two arrows, points downward, passing through it crossed in saltire and the crown and arrows are or (yellow). This is the heraldic device used to symbolize the armiger’s patron saint. The two silver (white) stars on either side evoke the armiger’s last name which, translated into English, means a bringer of light. The stars are the firmaments fixed lights. Above and below the main charge are two hearts. This is an allusion to the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts as well as to the fact that the armiger has had a heart transplant and so has also had two hearts. The motto “Lift Up Your Hearts” is taken from the opening dialogue of the Preface of the Mass.

I’m very pleased with this one and, more importantly, so is the client!

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Total Posts:  2518
Joined  04-06-2007

25 May 2014 15:18

Very well done, Fr. Guy.

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

25 May 2014 18:24

Nice work! -and a happy client to boot.

It’s sometimes amazing how seemingly quickly THE answer appears after a long & frustrating period of apparent mental block—in life generally as well as our pet passion.  One somehow suspects that the old subconscious has been cranking away all the while, possibly with a faux "out of order" (i.e. bug off, I’m busy) signal to the conscious mind.

Then "Eureka!" seemingly from out of nowhere…

James Dempster

James Dempster
Total Posts:  602
Joined  20-05-2004

26 May 2014 08:19

Very apt and - despite there being a lot in there - very well balanced. A lovely piece of work.

James