I received the following event alert and wanted to share with all of you:

<div class=“bbcode_center” >
The NYG&B Heraldry Committee and the COAF invite you to:

"The Heraldic Achievements of the junior clergy in the Catholic Tradition"

Presented by the Reverend Guy W. Selvester

Thursday, January 28, 2016, 6:00 pm

NYG&B Society, 36 West 44th Street, 7th Floor
</div>

Father Guy W. Selvester was born and raised in Old Bethpage on Long Island. He is a 1982 graduate of Chaminade High School, Mineola, New York and attended St. John’s University in New York for one year and then earned a B.A. in Philosophy from St. Francis University in Loretto, Pennsylvania in 1986. He earned a Master of Divinity degree “cum laude” from St. Vincent Seminary, Latrobe, Pennsylvania in 1990.

From 1991 to 1992 Father Guy worked briefly as a Security Officer at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. After returning to priestly studies he earned an M.A. in Theology “magna cum laude” from Immaculate Conception Seminary in Huntington, New York and pursued one year of formational studies at Blessed Pope John XXIII National Seminary in Massachusetts. He was ordained a Deacon in May, 1997 and a priest on September 27, 1997.

Father Guy has served the diocese of Metuchen at St. Francis Cathedral, St. Philip & St. James in Phillipsburg, Our Lady of Peace in Fords, Immaculate Conception in Spotswood and St. Matthew in Edison. From 1998 to 2003 he served as the host of the diocesan radio program, “Proclaim the Good News”. From 2009 to 2015 he was the Rector of the Shrine of the Blessed Sacrament. Since July 2015 he has been Administrator of St. Joseph Church in Washington, New Jersey.

Father Guy’s heraldic design work includes several prelates and institutions around the country and the world. He is a Fellow of The American College of Heraldry, a Governor of the American Heraldry Society, a Member of the Heraldry Committee of the NYG&B and the New Jersey Catholic Historical Commission.

All are welcome to attend, but reservations are required to heraldry@nygbs.org.  New for 2016, nonmembers of the NYG&B are expected to make a $10 contribution.

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

23 January 2016 13:27

Wish I could be there!  Hopefully Fr Guy’s presentation will be published somewhere accessible…

Jeremy Keith Hammond

Jeremy Keith Hammond
Total Posts:  789
Joined  20-06-2008

23 January 2016 14:36

I’ve heard COAF is working on a new website, perhaps it’ll be published there.

In the mean time, I recommend emailing the address mentioned in my initial post. I’ve had success when requesting slideshows from NYGnB events before.

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

24 January 2016 04:08

Thanks; assuming it’s OK with Fr Guy.