I just couldn’t resist

ESmith

ESmith
Total Posts:  550
Joined  15-11-2005

19 October 2006 04:39

I just got the Armorial Gold clip art set in the mail and I just couldn’t resist:

http://pics.livejournal.com/horatio86/pic/00053811

If I should one day become emperor of… someplace, I’ll be all set.  I’m not entitled to a stich of it but I figure if I’m emperor, I’d make myself entitled.

The blazon, as far as I can figure it goes something like this:

Argent, on a cross cottsied Gules, on the first quarter Azure a star of the field, on a plate fembrated gules a boars head erased close sable; and set for a crest, issuent from a rural crown of oak and gold proper is a griffin’s head gules, beaked sable; all supported by two griffins gules, winged Argent, each holding an oak staff proper, pale-wise, flagged with a pennion: Gyronny Argent and Azure a mascle quadrate countercharged.  The shield is incircled with the wreath of the Order of Oak and Olive and the Colar of the Order of the Single Sart. The whole placed above a royal mantling Gules trimmed Argent, lined ermine, tied back with Argent tassled cords and a domed canopy of the same circled by a ancient crown proper.

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

19 October 2006 08:53

Everett wrote:
Quote:

I just couldn’t resist.

This reminds me of a scene from the 1939 movie Ninotchka:

Ninotchka (Greta Garbo):  Must you flirt?

Leon (Melvyn Douglas):  Well, I don’t have to, but I find it natural.

Ninotchka:  Suppress it.

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

19 October 2006 14:17

LOLOLOL!!!

So, Your Serene Highness (is that what an emperor is called), how are you today? Are you enjoying your new found position in life?

LOLOLOL!!!

Mark Olivo

Mark Olivo
Total Posts:  536
Joined  23-02-2005

19 October 2006 16:47

"order of the single sart"?

May I assume you mean star?

I’m not sure if I want to move to your country, that red star thing reminds me of a Soviet decoration…

grin

ESmith

ESmith
Total Posts:  550
Joined  15-11-2005

20 October 2006 02:38

Mark Olivo wrote:

"order of the single sart"?

May I assume you mean star?

I’m not sure if I want to move to your country, that red star thing reminds me of a Soviet decoration…

grin

your right… it should be star.  I was thinking more like the red star on the hoist of the California Flag... not that it matters since it doesn’t exist in any context…