Richard Crossett R.i.p.

gselvester

gselvester
Total Posts:  2683
Joined  11-05-2004

17 November 2006 19:18

I heard today of the passing of Richard Crossett and excellent heraldic artist. Ten years ago he executed the original emblazon of my arms. (see below) May he rest in peace.

http://excoboard.com/forums/18883/user/133625/217844.jpg

From the Louisville, Kentucky Courier-Journal:

CROSSETT, RICHARD MCNAMEE, 80, of Louisville died Thursday November 16, 2006 . Mr . Crossett, who was recognized as a preeminent heraldic artist, also worked for more than 50 years as a graphic designer in Salt Lake City, UT and Louisville, where he moved with his family in 1962 . He was a member of The American College of Heraldry, The Society of Heraldic Arts, and the Ermine Society . He was honored for a number of his graphic designs, including his artwork that was selected by Churchill Downs for use as the Kentucky Derby logo in 1989 . A native of Little Rock, AR and a US Army veteran who served proudly in Europe during World War II and during the Korean conflict, Mr . Crossett was a loving husband, father, and grandfather . He is survived by his wife of 58 years, Maurine McArthur Crossett; four children, Richard (Sharon); Virginia (Mark), Jonathan (Pascale) and Clay (Diane); grandchildren, Meredith and Alison Crossett, and Miranda Thompson of Louisville; Ian and Emma Crossett of Salt Lake City, UT; Celia, Mara, and Camille Crossett of Anchorage, AK; and cousin, Jim Dowden, Little Rock, AR . Memorial service: 2 p.m . Monday at Pearson’s 149 Breckenridge Lane, with burial in New Albany, IN National Cemetery . Visitation: Sunday 1-5 p.m . Memorials to American Diabetes Association.

Published in The Courier-Journal on 11/17/2006 .

http://excoboard.com/forums/18883/user/133625/217838.jpg

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

18 November 2006 00:55

i got an email about this to come here and check it out. i am sad to hear of it. thank you good Father for letting everyone know.

may God’s Mercy and Grace and Healing be with his loved ones and may God grant him admittance at the heavenly banquet.

r.i.p.

dulongj

dulongj
Total Posts:  18
Joined  17-11-2006

20 November 2006 18:08

It was a pleasure employing Mr. Crossett to illustrate my arms.  He was charming and easy to work with.  I am sure the many people who used him to draw their arms will be dissapointed that he can no longer take their commissions.  Sad to hear of his passing.  May he rest in peace.